• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is my sin unforgivable?

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
That's a bunch of BS. Who is this numnut? PM me his name and number. He should not be doing business this way.

I got the EXACT same run around. Talked to the local enlisted recruiter, had me come in and take some BS test, told me the best way to become an officer is to enlist first, because "as a prior enlisted, you will be respected more," and will be able to pay for college, blah blah... I told him, "NO, I WANT TO BECOME AN OFFICER, WITHOUT ENLISTING FIRST." He asked me which program I wanted, I said BDCP, he told me to bring him my transcripts, and after I did, he said I wasn't competitive for the program (3.667 Aerospace Engineering).

After asking to speak to an OFFICER RECRUITER once again, he gave me a lecture about the chain of command, and how "he talks to the officer recruiters, and I talk to him."

Finally, I got a hold of NRD seattle, via looking in the damn phone book. The only other barrier I had to face was was with the NRD.... After I walked in to the NRD and was asked what I wanted to do... I responded, "I want to be a pilot or an NFO." My recruiter aptly responded, "No you don't son, you want to be a NUKE :D ." Anyways, that story over another beer, another day.

WannabeDom

First off, this is my first post, so hi all!

I went to the local recruiting station (stupidly) looking for a Navy recruiter, and the Marine told me that he'd moved. I started chatting with the guy, and he asked me to take a sample ASVAB so I could "Completely understand my options." I scored a 91 on it (short version of the test, took about 15 minutes), and I thought he might make a mess in his underwear.

That night, I discovered Officer programs (I'm a college student, going into the second half of my Sophomore year), and told the guy that the next time he called me. Well, lo and behold, the next day he called and told me, "You should come down and sign a contract, because if they see you are willing to Enlist, then they will definitely accept you."

I couldn't help it, I literally laughed at him, and told him to please stop calling. I respect Marines, but that guy was just a little too aggressive.

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
Steve Wilkins said:
Not so fast. Nobody qualified earlier than I did in 9305.
You may be right, but that doesn't change the fact that I qualified early. Besides, we may not have even been at the same prototype, on the same crew, in the same rate. Me and my roommate (Brian McNichols) qualified a good month before the next mechanic on my crew from 9305 did.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
A friend of mine got dismissed from the academy for God knows what. But he had a good reccomendation from an admiral and got commssioned through PLC.

Unless what you got dismissed from the academy for was really heinous, then you still have a good shot at another commissioning source. OCS in your case.