• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Is it possible to get a pilots slot with non-tech major

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFuqua86

Its my first year at college but i've already got enough credit hours from cleps to apply , i've heard that fiscal year 2008 will have more pilot slots than 2007, would it be better to wait or what.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, it was 13. They were spread out over several states, 5 years and I was good at talking the judge out of them, so I kept my license. You still have to report that you got them on the EPSQ though... Funny thing, I was a Criminal Justice major in college and a cop after college for a short while before the Navy. My Officer program recruiter actually told me that the Navy didn't mind a few of that kind of things on your record; They want to hire people who will push the edge a bit, not good citizen award winners. That was back in '97 though, I don't think that someone could get away with that many today, so I guess I had good timing.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Hoover,

I finished the EPSQ about 4 months ago, and it never asked me anything about how many speeding tickets I had. It did however asked me if I had any violations that were unpaid and six months delinquent. Perhaps this is a later version of the EPSQ that you completed.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did my EPSQ when I first got to my fleet squadron in 2001. Some people fill them out in the RAG. I even remember the Intel types filling them out as candy-o's at OCS. I did have to list all of my tickets on my initial application for the Navy. I don't remember the questions on the EPSQ exactly, but I'm sure that you are correct; I had an old version or I just mixed it up with the background check for being a cop. Either way, I didn't keep it a secret from the Navy and they accepted me for a pilot slot. But like I said, I don't know if someone could get in with that kind of record today.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HooverPilot said:
I may have set some records when I applied to the Navy with 13 speeding tickets & other youthful indiscretions. Nobody ever questioned it, so I would have to assume that as long as you are not an axe murderer, you'll be ok.

Hoverpilot,
You must remember you applied several years ago. Things are different now. You have joined me in the group of naval officers that might not have been selected today but have, in fact, had good careers in spite of that. Your record of tickets probably would not fly today. I know for a fact my GPA and paltry extacurricular activites would keep me out if applying today. We were lucky to have applied when we did. This is one time when the crusty ol salts (present company anyway) didn't have it harder then the generation coming up. Now let me tell ya how the DIs used to treat us in AOCS...

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The tickets would probably not hurt too much. If you are in your first year of college and have made up the balance of your credits with CLEP then the Navy may want to see a another semester or two in college to judge how well you are handling that environment. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the earlist possible date to apply. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.