• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

is it just me?

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I play soccer twice a week for about two hours. In my opinion, this has been excellent, because there's an unpredictable mix of all-out sprinting and jogging.

I also run on a high-school track by my apartment, and I used to just run around the nieghborhood for about 30 minutes twice a week or so. That was tough, though, because there were some long uphill stretches.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Do the rest of you run on a track or what? Here we have to run around the football stadium parking lot and up some steep fvcking hills (if theres such a thing in Georgia). And the crunches beforehand really make it hurt going uphill.

Personally, I can't stand running around a track. The repitition (especially if you are running 3 miles) is unbearable. I'm sure that I could adapt to it if I wanted to, but there are simply better alternatives available. I usually just run down the side of the road or out in the hills. Because yes, you will be running up Danang hill on the 3, 4, and 5-mile runs at OCS, and believe you me its no joke. Its good that you are throwing some elevation into your runs.

The key for me is running with someone. Yesterday I ran a simple 2-mile run that I normally run a couple times per week with one of my fellow Marines here on campus... not pacing with my running partner made the run all that more difficult. The other important thing as stated before is never stop... if your mind recognizes that as an option it will only hinder you in the future.