• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iron Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
If I am not mistaken, the "migs" you guys keep referring to were actually Israeli built Kfirs which is a derivative of the French Mirage III, they added canards for better maneuverability...just my $0.02

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
04, no. We're talking about the MiGs that the Russians are flying in Iron Eagle 2.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
04, I do suggest you watch it, like Enishi said...you will cry it's so funny LOL

The_Animal

The_Animal
Future Herc Driver said:
Yeah that movie is pretty lame. Folks in the AF laugh at that crap too. I think it was someones lame attempt at another Top Gun.

Future Herc Driver,

Yeah, it was pretty lame, but actually it didn't try to "copy" Top Gun. It actually came out the year before Top Gun came out. It came out in 1985. Top Gun came out in 1986. The Air Force got really annoyed at the premise of the story-line (kid and an Air Force full bull colonel stealing two F-16Bs to go rescue another Colonel shot down behind enemy lines?) :icon_mi_1

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is sad that I actually remember watching this movie but I did notice that all the planes in the flight scenes are from a single country, Israel. They had F-16's, Kfir's and F-4's in their inventory when the movie came out. For some strange reason the USAF and the DOD didn't provide support for the movie like Top Gun....

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
My bf bought that movie a year or so ago... I think Wal-Mart was clearancing it out for next to nothing! I was always too embarrassed to watch it though... I mean... I'm not expert, but the storyline was a little to far-fetched for me. :) I'll have to check it out though, for one of those nights that I want to suspend myself from reality and get a good laugh.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
04Hopeful said:
Well, at least in the first one he drove a cool Mustang ;-)

Yeah, you've got a point... Mustangs are very nice... :icon_smil

tomcatsrule

The Mustang was very nice, but what about that hot-rod Cessna? I wish I could fly the 'Snake' like that...he was going like 250 miles an hour in a 152! WHEW!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I wish they'd taught me that trick in IFS . . .

CLAM97to99

I actually love the first IE (Wal-Mart sales it for $5.00). The reason I like it so much is because it is so unbelievably unrealistic. If the USAF and the DOD didn't provide support for the movie where did they get all the footage of the airplanes for it? Another good, but not as widely known, movie that has kids stealing top secret documents (form the Navy this time) that I like is The Rescue. It has a lot of unrealistic stuff in it as well. From going in to North Korea to save their fathers, which are Navy Seals, which have been taken captive to climbing out of the top of an airplane at 30,000 Ft so the jets following them can see that they are Americans. Quality entertainment!

My Dad flew jets for the Navy and went to see Top Gun. He got up and walked out of the theater because he couldn’t stand how unrealistic it was. He did love the movie Hot Shots though.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Top Gun is unrealistic??? That can't be, that is like my sole reason for getting into the Navy, I mean, I thought that I would get transformed into this GQ guy with calendar girls vying for me while I drive a hot rod bike. Hummm, well that burst my bubble! I guess I will now just have to settle for watching Wings of Gold to get my realism and drive for getting into the Navy!

btw...for those in doubt...unfortunately, I didn't get time to get this post in yesterday....

Status
Not open for further replies.