• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iron Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
I really don't need to say much more then the movie title, and what catagory this thread is under.

One Iron Eagle movie was bad enough....The fact that they continued to make more was unbelieveable.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
F-4s as MiGs. Wow, those guys were technical wizards.

"Dad, can we fire a Maverick while still on the ground?"

NuSnake

hahaha hey ive got that movie....it could really happen you know, a bunch of kids running around stealing all that classified info, not to mention a fully loaded F-16.....hey, it could happen, ummmm right???

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
As silly as IE is, USAF security puts USN and USMC security to shame. If you are at an AF base and step outside the designated lines for transiting the ramp, they WILL take you down and flex cuff you. You can drive your POV up to the back of an aircraft at a USN/USMC base and half the time no one will think twice. USAF bases also have fairly rigorous anti-hijacking measures in place. I've always held that anyone who knew what he was doing could steal a Navy/Marine aircraft, and be halfway to Mexico before anyone realized it. Hell, a few years back, an enlisted Marine at Meridian took a TA-4 up for a spin around the pattern, said he wanted to fulfill his lifelong dream.

benny2299

I personally liked the motorcycle vs. Cessna race through the mountains. I'm not really proud that I remember the "local tough guy" was named Nacher.

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
Yeah that movie is pretty lame. Folks in the AF laugh at that crap too. I think it was someones lame attempt at another Top Gun.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Very VERY lame attempt. As bull**** as Top Gun is, at least it's fricken cool as hell.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
Hey phrogdriver... I think I heard the story on that guy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I heard it was that he was putting in a package for OCS, and evrything was going great except they found something really screwy in his blood work that NPQ'd his flight physical. So the guy took off in the plane and actually did quite well. Even successfully performed an emergency procedure (I forget which one) before getting it back on the ground.
I dont know that it was true, but it made one helluva good story.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
It was real, I remember it was one of those news items on the side column of the newspaper a long while ago. Don't know the exact circumstances, other than he took off and landed successfully.

Enishi1983

Solid Snake
yeah, that movie was on tv few days ago and i finally noticed the f-4's!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA, it was hilarious! "what the?! twin turbo engines? those aren't ours; they're migs!!!" anyway, what's up with those fat and skinny infantry bozos anyway? they're like an oxymoron (to each others respectively :).) and also, were the two idiots an infantry unit for the air force or they were just part of the army serving in an air force camp? i didn't watch the movie from the beginning, so i wouldn't know.

PS- that russian lady speaks just like how vampires would; "i vant to suck yo blaaaaad~".

Status
Not open for further replies.