• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Iran says it can send a man into space in less than 10 years

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
The story, linked HERE, seems like the typical Iranian 'News' that we've all come to know and love, but the fact that they're trying to send monkeys up (albeit unsuccessfully) makes you wonder, how long will it be before Iran has a man in space?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Iran, in just 10 short years, you'll be able to achieve what the rest of the modern world was able to do in the 1960s - congratulations. More importantly, let this be an affirmation of the success of the unique political system you've managed to carve out for yourselves. Nice work, idiots. Just think, falafel flavored Tang is surely right around the corner.

Brett

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
So wait, they're bragging that they'll be able to do something where all of the technology has already been established and in use by several countries, and do it in more time (10 years) than it took to do the first time, over 50 years ago? Can we get them a prize or something?

KBayDog

Like it or not, if they can put a man in space 10 years from now (with their own rockets), that'll be one more man than we can put in space 10 years from now with our own rockets.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Wonder if the monkey will be fitted with a suicide vest? And how long will it take them to realize they don't have to strap explosives to a person in the rocket to make it a ballistic missile?

jcj

They don't mention anything about bringing the man back from space. They can probably do it a lot sooner than 10 years if they don't have to deal with the pesky "bringing him back" part.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
In space, which direction do you pray? More than anything, I suspect finding an answer to that question is what's taking them so long to get into space. That and maybe finding pilots who don't suck.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
In space, which direction do you pray? More than anything, I suspect finding an answer to that question is what's taking them so long to get into space. That and maybe finding pilots who don't suck.
I think they're stuck trying to figure out how to keep the goat from floating away........

......maybe they should just try cowboy boots but that would be using something from the evil infidel Americans.....

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
I think they're stuck trying to figure out how to keep the goat from floating away........

......maybe they should just try cowboy boots but that would be using something from the evil infidel Americans.....
Maybe my Irish brothers can lend them some Velcro gloves. Do those work on goats?

PropStop

pilot
Contributor
^--- Good thing they don't need virgin goats...you surely wouldn't find one in Ireland.

You'd find lots of virgin goats in Ireland. But is see what you're implying and I don't like it! Not one bit! Let's get pissed and fight! <--that's what my people do, so watch the f' out!

Back to the OP - yeah, uh, should be about as impressive as their naval blockade of a US port.