• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

iPod is totally worth it

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I was way behind the ball and just got an iPod for working out the other day.

If you haven't done it yet, get one ASAP.

Push ups are now cake.

Situps are cake.

Running is only about half as bad as it was before.

I recommend the Mike Tyson's Punchout theme song as a good motivator on there.

That is all.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
You are way behind the ball. I have almost been enjoying running for two years thanks to em ...

MasterBates

I thought you were supposed to sing/scream death metal while running to provide a soundtrack and improve your breathing...

No wonder the local biblethumpers think I am a heathen....

BackOrdered

Contributor
I'll play devil's advocate and pass. Any other MP3 player can give you just as much of the same and you don't pay for memory space you'll never utilize. Let us not forget the song and dance replacing its batteries can be. Apple offers a program where you can mail off the ipod and replace the battery for like 59 bucks + S&H, but the whole thing is a little much where any other MP3 can use simple rechargeable AAA batteries.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The old man won't let us use them for official events.

I've worn some kind of music device to just about every PRT I've done. Must be a Marine thing - going out of your way to make things more difficult than they have to be. ;)

Brett

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I've worn some kind of music device to just about every PRT I've done. Must be a Marine thing - going out of your way to make things more difficult than they have to be. ;)

Brett

What I find funny is that we can wear them while we run the prt, but you're not allowed to wear it while you just randomly run around on base.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor

Brett

This is the captain at my friendly local NROTC unit. He was a P-3 pilot. The new one is a SWO I think, and I don't think any of the mids have the stones to ask. I personally don't give a rip enough to ask.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The old man won't let us use them for official events.

We've been allowed our MP3 players at all PRTs we've done. Worn it once. Didn't make much of a difference in my score.... perhaps death-metal might have instead of Incubus, CCR, Nirvana and Green Day.:D

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
We've been allowed our MP3 players at all PRTs we've done. Worn it once. Didn't make much of a difference in my score.... perhaps death-metal might have instead of Incubus, CCR, Nirvana and Green Day.:D

Yeah, I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but I have a pretty kickass mix for running except for right in the middle I put a Jack Johnson song...Banana Pancakes. WTF?