• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ioc After Tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clux4

Banned
How do Air contract Lt.s get a short at IOC. What goes into that, say Pensacola was backed-up, could you opt to go to IOC to kill some time, since you will be getting paid in anycase.
Also can anybody give me an insight to IOC. Is it just more of advanced classes or basically bunch of Capts. hazing Lt.s in the field (I mean running around in the tree line).

Thanxs once again

Rotorhead

Pensacola will not be backed up. I took care of that when I was the student control officer. On top of that you may have to complete IFS if you havent already done so. I dont think you'll have time, but if for some strange reason there is a delay you should be able to make that happen.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
. . .could you opt to go to IOC to kill some time, since you will be getting paid in anycase.
It's happened. A couple of Lts. in my TBS class (2-99) got to do that. Then again, I would imagine that would depend on Pensacola (i.e. when your flight school class begins) and if IOC has some slots to fill.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I'll say here what was once said to me... "If you still want to go to IOC after finishing TBS, then you're a better Marine than I am".

TBS is long, tedious, and painful. By the end of those 6 months you will have probably had your fill of playing games in the tree line.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
what tax said... why the f-ck would you want to go to IOC right after TBS (or at all for that matter)

TBS was quite enough of the grunt lifestyle for a few years. Maybe a FAC tour in the future will fill the urge should it come back, but IOC.... **** that.

There's a reason all the grunts you meet 'aren't quite right' :)

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
What IOC stands for

squeeze said:
what tax said... why the f-ck would you want to go to IOC right after TBS (or at all for that matter)

. . .but IOC.... **** that.

There's a reason all the grunts you meet 'aren't quite right' :)
LoL! You won't get an argument from me! The running joke at TBS is that IOC stands for Idiots Out Camping! :D

I'll tell you what, once you leave TBS as a lowly student, you won't want to look back (not even in the rear-view mirror)! :eek:
TBS was quite enough of the grunt lifestyle for a few years.
You got that right, especially if the majority of your Co. staff are grunts!

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are a couple of advantages should the oportunity present itself. First off is if you get the Namil whammy you are not relegated to the less sexy MOSs unless that is what you want though I dont recomend them they dont look fun. We had a Maj in my squadron who had done IOC and when he went on a FAC tour he ended up as the battalion XO (that kind of fitrep at any promotion or command boards is worth its weight in gold for an aviator) I agree that right after TBS it probably doesnt look to apealing but there will be plenty of pool time in Pcola to recover at flounders, seville etc.
IF I had been given the chance I would have gone to IOC for what it is worth

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
All kidding aside. . .

I think IOC and Flight School would look good in your OQR and on a resume.

Clux4

Banned
Really after humping a 240 Golf on a 15miler, i have since lost my interest in the ground thing. I mean it would be something to do and talk about down the road instead of sitting around to wait to class up. Really like somebody said, TBS makes you appreciate the wing side of the house. I heard you will even hate TBS more if the Company staff were grunts.
I just wonder what will be going through the head of those infantry officers if they ever read some of the post on this forum and found out how much airwingers detest all their field work.
I guess not everyone really likes to be a Weapons Platoon Commander

Thanxs once again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.