• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interservice Transfer AF to USN

snake020

Contributor
I did it back in 2007. Had a perfect storm on my side with the AF conducting force shaping, waiving ADSCs, and encouraging interservice transfers to the Army. Took two applications for Navy to let me in. I had an O-6 who knew the community manager on my side, so I'm sure that was a major factor.

isshinwhat

None
Does anybody have info or come across anybody who has completed a interservice transfer (active to active)? Currently a O-2 (DOR May 28 2017) stationed at Hanscom AFB working as a program manager. I have a commitment till 2020. Some of the AFIs and other docs allude to transfers being accepted under the condition that it is in the best interest of national security. I'm looking to join the SEAL community. I've talked to local Navy recruiters on the subject and my local personnel flight here at Hanscom. The guidance I'm receiving is that I would first have to put in a packed to NSW with medical, PST, and letters of recommendation, if the Navy says they want me then I would start the separation process within the Air Force. Looking for POCs within the east cost SEAL community who may be able to streamline paperwork if they find me to be a good recruit. I understand this is a rare and lengthy process, most likely needing SECAF approval, just looking to see if anybody has heard of anything similar.

An alternate option:

http://www.24sow.af.mil/Portals/80/STOappAugust2016.pdf?ver=2016-06-21-100742-243