• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Interesting way to announce your exit from the Naval service

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that I see the videos, I do think I've seen him before, and now everytime I see one of those videos, it makes me want to punch him in the larnyx. Classic infomercial approach to selling something of zero value. He's got all the same mannerisms as that other douche Don Lapre (who went bankrupt and has about a million Google hits about fraud and unhappy customers):
32230-don.jpg

Brett

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I may be wrong....but this isn't a Conservative vs Lefty issue.....is it??
I feel strange and dirty that I'm aligned with Flash, Brett, and Clux on this.:confused:

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, the proper term is "US Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots."

Toys for Tots is an officially sanctioned charity. There is no comparison between the two.
Serious question for Phrog and Mumbles. Where do you draw the line in using the uniform (or at least making subtle references to it)? Phrog, you may know where I'm going with this.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Being an unabashed libertarian/ capitalist in the mold of Locke, Adam Smith, Montequieu,and Ayn Rand,

I'm all for shameless self promotion/pluggery/whoring/aggrandizement and using all of one's God given faculties to achieve success.
Just don't do it in your Navy flight suit on the interwebs talking about your ponzi scheme....
This guy thinks that he's Warren Buffett junior with wings and I think, (just my opinion) is that he cheapens all of our wings by putting this drivel out to the gullible public.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
This guy thinks that he's Warren Buffett junior with wings and I think, (just my opinion) is that he cheapens all of our wings by putting this drivel out to the gullible public.

I couldn't agree more. Any time someone in my Navy (and especially with those wings) goes so far out of their way to make themselves look like a fool, and takes advantage of their office to make the sale, I take a personal offense. Put simply, he makes Military Service, the Navy, and Naval Aviation look bad. Is that ok with anyone?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So who wants to call the Navy IG Hotline to report this "guy"?
(800-522-3451 / Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EST))

-ea6bflyr ;)

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Put simply, he makes Military Service, the Navy, and Naval Aviation look bad. Is that ok with anyone?
I was ok with the press release and the website. I don't buy into it, but hey, to each his own and he clearly has some kind of plan in place. I would argue that any of us on the outside have used our Navy experience as leverage in the business world, just in different ways. I don't see much difference between that and what he's doing with that press release and his website. As for the exaggerations, yeah, whatever. What the hell do you think FITREPs and resumes are? If you aren't making yourself walk on water with either of those, then you aren't playing the game. And make no mistake, it's all one big game (career wise)....inside and out. That said, I'm not down with shooting a video blog/advertisement in one's flight suit or any of their other uniforms. It's a bit tacky, even for my taste. But hey, like I said, I don't know the guy and have no idea what type of officer he is.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Here are a few assholes that love to tout their military service in the public sector:
joe-sestak.jpg

kerry.jpg

duke-cunningham-123108-fb-38109351.jpg

marcinko.jpg

and that's just off the top of my head in 20 seconds...There are dozens more.
I'm just sick of the narcissism.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I may be wrong....but this isn't a Conservative vs Lefty issue.....is it??
I feel strange and dirty that I'm aligned with Flash, Brett, and Clux on this.:confused:

Since when am I a lefty? I hate both sides of the aisle. :D

Brett

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Serious question for Phrog and Mumbles. Where do you draw the line in using the uniform (or at least making subtle references to it)? Phrog, you may know where I'm going with this.

A cartoon avatar for a home biz that is a caricature of a platform one may have been associated with isn't even in the same league and dosen't pass muster.