• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intelligence officer board

Matthew10

The June board had a turnaround of about 3 or 4 weeks I think. The March board met March 9th and non-priors started getting results April 16th. The September 2014 board met like mid-September and results came out right before Thanksgiving I think... brutal.

Hmm. Not to bad I guess. Not sure if that's good or not.

Andrew Walker

Are you a power-point king? :) if so you should be good to go.. but seriously, your OAR is fine as it is barely looked at, they look more at GPA, Degree, and what else have you done.

The last board already picked for the next FY, hell some guys that were picked last year aren't going to OCS until the middle or end of this year, there is no October board, there is one is September and one in December but don't count on both of those happening. The selection rate for IDC is low it can vary from 3-14% with the average about 10%

Do you have any idea when the results form the December board will be coming out? I submitted my package right before the deadline, and my recruiter doesn't seem to have a great idea on the specifics.

exNavyOffRec

Do you have any idea when the results form the December board will be coming out? I submitted my package right before the deadline, and my recruiter doesn't seem to have a great idea on the specifics.

On the DEC IDC thread the results were posted (numbers only), it seems like the pro Y's were already notified, there were only a few Intel picked, a few Oceano's, a few IW's, and 6 IP's that were all AD.

jay_navy

Hello Guys! I have a question regarding Intel officer requirements. Navy instruction for intel officer eligibility stated that it is recommended to have taken a Calculus level class in college. My college major did contain some Math classes with introductory calculus level contents but it is named 'Math 111 & 112' (College math for aviation I & II) therefore, it is not your traditional calculus class. With that being said, I'm wondering if anyone here applied for, or got accepted for Intel without having any Calculus courses on their college transcripts.
My recruiter is unfamiliar with this specific requirement so any information would be very helpful. I am putting intel as my #3 choice.

Thanks in advance!

Matthew10

Well I'm not sure because I wasn't selected for Intel but I was for SWO. I didn't have calculus so that's that lol. I guess it really depends on your other stats as well. Not just whether or not you have a calc class, etc. @jay_navy

jay_navy

Well I'm not sure because I wasn't selected for Intel but I was for SWO. I didn't have calculus so that's that lol. I guess it really depends on your other stats as well. Not just whether or not you have a calc class, etc. @jay_navy

Congratulations on SWO!
still hoping calculus classes isn't a big deal for intel selection lol

Ajred99

Greetings, I wanted to chime in with my experience and hopefully help answer your question. I just got picked up for Intel on this last board and I do not have calculus either. I think selection is based on the whole person concept.

exNavyOffRec

Greetings, I wanted to chime in with my experience and hopefully help answer your question. I just got picked up for Intel on this last board and I do not have calculus either. I think selection is based on the whole person concept.

There is a link one of the Intel officer posted with all the board stats, about 40% did not have tech degree but the common factor was high GPA, IDC does shoot for 60% tech degree

jay_navy

Thanks for sharing the info and link above. Now I have a much better understanding of how difficult getting selected for Intel officer is (3.7% selection rate last cycle ;)). All of the recent selectees has foreign language proficiency as well, I wonder if this is the norm for every board. Congratulations to Ajred99! good job.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Thanks for sharing the info and link above. Now I have a much better understanding of how difficult getting selected for Intel officer is (3.7% selection rate last cycle ;)). All of the recent selectees has foreign language proficiency as well.

that is all data listed on the APSR, it is what the applicant list as "proficient" and that is subjective, Intel officers have no need to speak a foreign language but it could lead to other things if they do, but German, Japanese, and Spanish are not what I would call hot areas of need.

Now if you are putting it 3rd you won't be seriously considered.