• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel 0-1 slots in Okinawa?

CDumas821

As far as billets in Okinawa for Navy intel - they are extremely limited since the P-3 squadrons out there are det'd out. They way the billeting will work is that you will be assigned to the parent squadron and maybe be sent out to the detachment, but it is unlikely. The closest you will come to Okinawa is working with III MEF in Sasebo/Iwakuni or with Kitty Hawk, CVW-5, 7th Fleet, CSG-5 out of Atsugi/Yokosuka and maybe, just maybe MSS-7 out of Guam. If you only were USMC or USAF...

Logico

CDumas821 said:
As far as billets in Okinawa for Navy intel - they are extremely limited since the P-3 squadrons out there are det'd out. They way the billeting will work is that you will be assigned to the parent squadron and maybe be sent out to the detachment, but it is unlikely. The closest you will come to Okinawa is working with III MEF in Sasebo/Iwakuni or with Kitty Hawk, CVW-5, 7th Fleet, CSG-5 out of Atsugi/Yokosuka and maybe, just maybe MSS-7 out of Guam. If you only were USMC or USAF...

That's ok. Anyone know how much money it is to vacation in Okinawa? Let's say I live in Japan and my family wants to fly over there and stay for a few days. Are we talking $5,000 or $500? :)

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'm sitting here at the hangar next to the TSC here in Kadena. My squadron is currently deployed here for the next 6 months. CTF-72 probably has some Ensign billets....as a matter of fact, there is an 0-1 that works over there now. However, he was a prior AW.......

CDumas821

The nice thing about being in Japan is that CODs make runs to Kadena all the time. Also NALO flights go down there frequently as well from Atsugi and likely Iwakuni. You can get Space-A travel to Kadena in Okinawa for virtually nothing (I think around $15-30). As far as accomodations, you can try Space-A at the Habu Hilton on Kadena AFB for relatively cheap, but billeting is limited, or find something out in town. Regardless, your vacation will run closer to $500 than $5000.