• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Intel 0-1 slots in Okinawa?

Logico

Does anyone know if there are any intel people in Okinawa? Particularly 0-1 slots. I don't mean right this minute but just if I ever could get to go there.

Thanks

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Logico said:
Does anyone know if there are any intel people in Okinawa? Particularly 0-1 slots. I don't mean right this minute but just if I ever could get to go there.

Thanks
Anything's possible, plus many squadrons deploy/det there.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Logico said:
Cool. What is "det" by the way?
A det, or detachment is a short term (usually 1-4 weeks) deployment that a unit will do for various reasons, usually to fulfill some special training requirement. It can happen while you're on deployment, I.E. your squadron is deployed to Iwakuni for 6 months and you do a 2 week to to Oki, or Guam. It can also happen while you're at home, I.E. the squadron does a 2 week det to Nellis to play in a Red Flag excercise. It could be the whole squadron, or just a couple jets. It's usually fun and/or a good deal.

Brett

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Logico said:

Plenty of intel slots on Okinawa - if you're a Marine. I'm not aware of any Navy-specfic intel slots on Okinawa, but then again I haven't yet committed every global Navy intel billet to memory. Yet.

As Brett mentioned, if you end up in the Westpac, either with CVW-5 or as a UDP squadron in Iwakuni, you'll have plenty of opportunities to get to Okinawa. Good times to be had, interesting history. Guam's better, though.

Logico

FlyinSpy said:
Good times to be had, interesting history. Guam's better, though.

Thanks. My interest in Okinawa has to do with my interest in the martial arts. I have a black-belt in Ryukyu Kempo which is the indiginous martial art to Okinawa. It has been a big dream of mine to go there one day and train in a dojo over there.

Guam would be great too. My wife spent 3 years living in Guam as an Air Force kid and she loved it.

Either way I guess I'm good to go.

Thanks guys.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
FlyinSpy said:
I'm not aware of any Navy-specfic intel slots on Okinawa.
I'm sure they have a TSC (or some reasonable facsimile thereof) over on the Navy side for the P-3s. Surely an Intel weenie could find gainful employment within. ;)

Brett

Cornellianintel

If no one minds my asking, what's so great about being stationed in Japan? I keep hearing about Japan from everyone asking questions about duty stations.

Best,
cac

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cornellianintel said:
If no one minds my asking, what's so great about being stationed in Japan? I keep hearing about Japan from everyone asking questions about duty stations.

Best,
cac
Yellow fever. :D

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cornellianintel said:
Lol... Don't tempt me to expound upon my theory of white men's obsession with East Asian culture and lasses.
I'll expound for you. In layman's terms, easy tail that doesn't speak your language = less jibber jabber. :D

Brett