• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Or to have hands full of stickers (those fvcking thorny balls that were ALL over the damn grass). I kinda would have rather have had goose crap. At least you weren't risking cellulitis with poop.
we didn't have stickers in the grass, wrong season i guess :)

then again i do remember times where i could not feel my hands because we were crawling on frozen or frosted grass.

asa66

Beatings?

Please explain the "beatings" you experienced. I went through AOCS a long time ago and although it was very tough, we experienced no beatings.

Thanks.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
i never really understood why it was called a "Beating" ... its just exercise, generally disguised as being spontaneous and punitive however nearly always pre-planned.

every time people bitched about beatings i wondered if these people came to OCS not expecting to work out.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
beatings= getting worked out until exhaustion

i never really understood why it was called a "Beating" ... its just exercise, generally disguised as being spontaneous and punitive however nearly always pre-planned.

every time people bitched about beatings i wondered if these people came to OCS not expecting to work out.

Another reason to laugh at OCS guys........

asa66

I see. At AOCS we referred to this as exercise. We exercised until we fell down and threw-up and sometimes passed out. Daily. It was just part of it. Didn't like it? DOR.

Beatings = RPT = when DIs make you exercise at a high intensity for screwing up.

P3 FO

Worst time to DOR is the first week (IMO). You don't know if it's just because you're disoriented from such a big change, lack of sleep, and getting sweaty. Wait a while, get used to the program (you figure out it's a big game hopefully) and make a considered decision.

AOCS Class 0387

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
My recruiting office said 2 of the guys I swore in with DOR'ed in the first week, and are stuck there until they can be released. Apparently they make you stay 4-5 weeks even if you do DOR. Might as well just stick it out. Confirm?

Not that I'm EVER going to do that. Those guys didn't have a clue what they were getting into.

badger16

None
My recruiting office said 2 of the guys I swore in with DOR'ed in the first week, and are stuck there until they can be released. Apparently they make you stay 4-5 weeks even if you do DOR. Might as well just stick it out. Confirm?

Not that I'm EVER going to do that. Those guys didn't have a clue what they were getting into.

Quickest way to get out of OCS is to graduate. I've known people who DOR'd in week 2 of my class and were there at least 3 weeks after I graduated.