• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

Seniuram

I am not a prior however I just went though OCS and graduated in December. @Brett327 hit the nail on the head especially in the last paragraph, from what I saw. Generally the priors were all around more respected and looked up to by us civi types. The best priors were the ones that showed us the ropes and how to get by in a military structured environment. At some point in time you will get mad at the non priors and wonder how we did something so stupid and you will get frustrated with our ignorance. Just remember at the beginning it’s cus we don’t know any better but at the end it’s probably because, well, some of us are actually stupid.

OCS is simulated stress. Keep your head down when you can but kill it on your section leader day, everyone has atleast one. If your lucky your DI won’t know who you are until you shake his hand on graduation day.

quang942003

I am not a prior however I just went though OCS and graduated in December. @Brett327 hit the nail on the head especially in the last paragraph, from what I saw. Generally the priors were all around more respected and looked up to by us civi types. The best priors were the ones that showed us the ropes and how to get by in a military structured environment. At some point in time you will get mad at the non priors and wonder how we did something so stupid and you will get frustrated with our ignorance. Just remember at the beginning it’s cus we don’t know any better but at the end it’s probably because, well, some of us are actually stupid.

OCS is simulated stress. Keep your head down when you can but kill it on your section leader day, everyone has atleast one. If your lucky your DI won’t know who you are until you shake his hand on graduation day.
thank you :)

BSchroth

I heard a rumor while at OCS if the DI asks you to recite Anchors Away or the Marine Corp Hymn you can not sign it. Instead have to yell it as if you are reading a letter. Is this True?

Meyerkord

pilot
I heard a rumor while at OCS if the DI asks you to recite Anchors Away or the Marine Corp Hymn you can not sign it. Instead have to yell it as if you are reading a letter. Is this True?
The only time you should ever be screaming the service songs is IF they make you do it for RLP, which is not common. When the officers make you do it for the 8th week inspection, you just say it or sing it.

arc23

Hey everyone!
I report to OCS on April 14th. I’ve been scouring AW for information about Easter, and just wanted to see if anyone on this thread might know anything about Easter Sunday at OCS. Is it just another day at OCS?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Hey everyone!
I report to OCS on April 14th. I’ve been scouring AW for information about Easter, and just wanted to see if anyone on this thread might know anything about Easter Sunday at OCS. Is it just another day at OCS?

Thanks in advance!
There is an Easter Egg Hunt, which is 42% more difficult due to the eggs being camouflaged.

I’ve heard Bear-crawling makes them easier to find.

Mind the goose shit, it really ruins the taste of the Cadbury...

Meyerkord

pilot
Hey everyone!

Thanks in advance!
It'll just be another Sunday at OCS. Sundays are pretty low key. You can go to a religious service in the morning if you want and then you basically have the rest of the day to chill out, prep uniforms, do laundry, call home, study, etc.

arc23

It'll just be another Sunday at OCS. Sundays are pretty low key. You can go to a religious service in the morning if you want and then you basically have the rest of the day to chill out, prep uniforms, do laundry, call home, study, etc.

Thank you! I’m super pumped to finally arrive. One month left!

senatesnob

Nothing worse than the House of Represenatives
Hey everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Similar style question that I didn't see an answer to this either. For those of us of the Tribe, anyone have a general idea of what is allowed for Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur? Both have a tendency to fall on weekdays.

Meyerkord

pilot
Similar style question that I didn't see an answer to this either. For those of us of the Tribe, anyone have a general idea of what is allowed for Rosh Hashanah/Yom Kippur? Both have a tendency to fall on weekdays.
You'll have to talk to your class team when you get there, but they're usually very accommodating for religious services