• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
this

i know some people in my class absolutely railed on other people for having stuff they were not suppose to have when in fact they were doing the exact same thing if not worse.

risk assessment. if you're smart you'll figure out the game pretty quick.

Ya , those people are called blue falcons. When you bitch at something for something YOU are doing or for having something that YOU have, then STFU.

xgrafcorex

I had "her" as my DI while at OCS. My run time improved by about 3 full minutes! It will be a sad day when she leaves. She's a great DI. I also understand that CDI is leaving which really sucks as I think he is an amazing individual! The program as a whole is going to lose two valuable assets when they leave.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I had "her" as my DI while at OCS. My run time improved by about 3 full minutes! It will be a sad day when she leaves. She's a great DI. I also understand that CDI is leaving which really sucks as I think he is an amazing individual! The program as a whole is going to lose two valuable assets when they leave.

And less we forget the Black Ninja and Action ******* departing recently. Yup different program, as to be expected over time.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
And less we forget the Black Ninja and Action ******* departing recently. Yup different program, as to be expected over time.
the black ninja was scary shit

till candi-o phase... then he was one of the coolest staff at OCS.

i distinctly remember mopping the ladderwell and suddenly from behind me a calm but not calming voice rings out "so you going to call attention on deck, boy?" he somehow managed to get all the way up the stairs and stand directly behind me completely silently.

that guy had talent.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
the black ninja was scary shit

till candi-o phase... then he was one of the coolest staff at OCS.

i distinctly remember mopping the ladderwell and suddenly from behind me a calm but not calming voice rings out "so you going to call attention on deck, boy?" he somehow managed to get all the way up the stairs and stand directly behind me completely silently.

that guy had talent.

That same kinda shit happened to me too. One morning during candi-o phase, I was a road guard somewhere out in the middle of the running course. It was a pretty cold morning...They told us to take our gloves and beanies, but don't where them. After about a half hour of standing out there, I decided to put them on because I was freezing my ass off. However, I was ready to rip them off at the first sign of the first runner so not to get busted for wearing them when we weren't supposed to. I was pacing back and forth intentionally to cover my ass. When all of the sudden, I hear the same calm but not calming voice of the Black Ninja. He said, "You think your special, boy?" "Is there a good reason you think you deserve to wear that gear while we all freeze our asses off out here?". I said, "No Sa Sa Sir!" He said, "Come see me in my office after PT". Next thought that crossed my mind: I'm F****D...

BackOrdered

Contributor
I never get tired of telling this one:

tiz84 said:
I had to do the radio inventory one time but we weren't Candios just yet so we were all still subject to all the regular OC rules and beatings. I had to find the missing radios and it meant going to each room in DI country, doing door entry procedures, and balistically asking each DI if they seen a radio. I made it to about 4 offices, avoid two potential beat down situations until I got to the Black Ninja who no doubt heard my all about my situation from his desk. I asked and his response was, "Why are you in my office sounding like a little B*****." I'm just thinking to myself "oh boy.:eek:" "Tell you what, step into my office, we are about to play some games." I got my s**** wrecked for about 20 minutes, got his famous muscle failure pushup cadence, was used as a prop for other Candidates in DI country about how not to act, and finally recovered. He then says, ," Now, what was it you wanted to ask?" Out of breath and covered in sweat I asked if he seen the radios. He said No and to get the hell out of his office. I carefully did door exit procedures for all my worth and high tailed it out of DI country. Screw the radios for the day, lol

xgrafcorex

Haha great story Tiz! He was my first DI when I got there, wound up rolling out of that class with an injury and sickness. We started with 38 and only 6 original candidates finished with that class. They totaled 14 after people rolled in. He murdered people all the time. "Down, (insert speech here), up" :D

Too bad about the other DI "Action *******" departing like that. He was a funny guy. While I was in H class, he had one guy out in the pway doing the PB and J song and dance as another candidate moonwalked down the pway going HE HEE and grabbing himself as he passed every hatch. Everyone was in their rooms trying not to crack up and get assigned to the next random task.

bluesig1

sure thing
None
It's a risk-assessment problem. How bad do you want to talk to people? You can get away with it probably...

...but remember, they'll murder you and everyone else in your class if you get caught.

Now, I am not saying I took "risks" or that I knew anyone that did;). but the risk is usually always worth the reward, unless you eat from blimpies at the NEX,lol. The more exciting option was to raid the vending machines in DI country, mmmm Snickers. So is the juice worth the squeeze?

The black ninja caught me joking around once, made me start picking people out of the class for him to beat for my "enjoyment", two at a time. Made me smile the whole time cause it was fun. It didnt take long for people to realize why I kept getting volunteers to leave the pway.:D
Its the good times at OCS that make the best memories.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Too bad about the other DI "Action *******" departing like that. He was a funny guy. While I was in H class, he had one guy out in the pway doing the PB and J song and dance as another candidate moonwalked down the pway going HE HEE and grabbing himself as he passed every hatch. Everyone was in their rooms trying not to crack up and get assigned to the next random task.

he was a funny guy, but very defined lines were crossed which led to his departure.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I think a "Bunny Hop" may just be another name for "Star Jumpers". Star Jumpers are when you crouch down, jump up and propel yourself forward about 3-4 feet. While you're in the air, your arms and legs are spread out as far as they can go, and then you land in the crouched position again. And, you do those all across the field. They take more energy than bear crawls, but a lot easier on the hands and wrists.

Stayafloat

Professional API Student
I think a "Bunny Hop" may just be another name for "Star Jumpers". Star Jumpers are when you crouch down, jump up and propel yourself forward about 3-4 feet. While you're in the air, your arms and legs are spread out as far as they can go, and then you land in the crouched position again. And, you do those all across the field. They take more energy than bear crawls, but a lot easier on the hands and wrists.

Thanks, appreciate the clarification. We'll see if my knees can take it!