• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Insider Scoop on Navy OCS

Avalanche24

This may be a duplicate post. If it is, my apologies. I searched, but did not find it on another page, so I'm hoping it's not duplicate. Then again, I didn't click on every last page that was returned because I have other things to do....

I got a letter in the mail from the Department of the Navy. It included this web address that contained general information about OCS. I thought other people might find it helpful.

https://www.netc.navy.mil/nstc/otcn/schoolhouses/ocs/index.htm

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Show up in the best shape you can possible be in with the best attitude possible and you should be fine.

peachesnel

So basically, Sunday through Tuesday sucks,
and the last half of the week, Wednesday through Saturday sucks as well?

Sounds like the whole week sucks.

All 12 weeks suck(week 4 especially)- including grad day. It got better when my DI called me "ma'am." :D

Amaristella

I tried to figure out the best place to post this, and I also tried to use the search function, but looking for a name that is also a commonly used word can be difficult.

My SO is currently at OCS, and he told me today who his DI is, (Sorry, edited), and I was wondering if anybody can tell me whether there is anything that would be useful to know about her. He also told me that she is the same person featured in this article. http://www.projo.com/extra/2008/ocs/Also, if it helps to know this, he is past the indoctrination week and preparing for the RLP. I won't have a chance to talk to him again (unless I write a letter that moves really super fast) until after the RLP has happened.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
I don't know if there's anything "helpful" someone could tell you about who your DI is. Your whole class learns a lot about your DI fairly quickly. All I can say is side straddle hops, begin, and make my diamonds right now.

Amaristella

No really, diamond push-ups, begin.

Oh yeah, and you are not supposed to use actual names on here.

Thanks, I understand that I should definitely not mention my SO's name, and just in case it's confusing, my username is not related to my real name.

Should I edit my post with the DI's name, or is that okay?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Thanks, I understand that I should definitely not mention my SO's name, and just in case it's confusing, my username is not related to my real name.

Should I edit my post with the DI's name, or is that okay?

I would edit your post so that it doesn't include anyone's real name.

BackOrdered

Contributor
I tried to figure out the best place to post this, and I also tried to use the search function, but looking for a name that is also a commonly used word can be difficult.

My SO is currently at OCS, and he told me today who his DI is, (Sorry, edited), and I was wondering if anybody can tell me whether there is anything that would be useful to know about her. He also told me that she is the same person featured in this article. http://www.projo.com/extra/2008/ocs/Also, if it helps to know this, he is past the indoctrination week and preparing for the RLP. I won't have a chance to talk to him again (unless I write a letter that moves really super fast) until after the RLP has happened.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT] I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this.

"She" is coming to the end of her tour so you probably won't have to worry about her. Personally I thought she was an awesome person and an awesome DI. I can tell you some stuff if you just want to know through PM but again, she'll be gone soon.

staff03

Just wondering how often you get to make phone calls/emails to family back home once OCS starts? Anyone who recently went through know an approximate answer? Thanks for the help.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
In the first month or so, you'll be able to make calls on Sunday afternoons. After you secure, you'll be allowed to use phones on weekday evenings.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Or you can sneak in a cell-phone from your car and leave it locked in your seabag...then you can call home all you want after taps...

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
^^^Don't be the guy to get caught with your cell phone. To play it safe, you can just be the class president, then you are permitted to have your cell phone.

red_ryder

None
It's a risk-assessment problem. How bad do you want to talk to people? You can get away with it probably...

...but remember, they'll murder you and everyone else in your class if you get caught.

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
It's a risk-assessment problem. How bad do you want to talk to people? You can get away with it probably...

...but remember, they'll murder you and everyone else in your class if you get caught.

this

i know some people in my class absolutely railed on other people for having stuff they were not suppose to have when in fact they were doing the exact same thing if not worse.

risk assessment. if you're smart you'll figure out the game pretty quick.