• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Injuries effect on Pilot Programs

surfflyride

Just a quick word of advice here on your ACL's and other ailments. If somebody tells you that you don't qualify, that doesn't mean you are done. You'll have to request a waiver. I've got waivers on both my ACL reconstructions. Sometimes those waivers take a long time to clear too, but they do, and you get to fly. You'll need copies of all sorts of stuff, to include doctors' letter of recs/post-op evaluations, maybe your x-ray MRI results, etc. After all of this written proof, the only real physical test I was asked to pass was a duck walk (like a squatting walk for a few paces) and hop on each individual leg about 20 times. As for the shoulder thing, less surgery is probably better, but not at the expense of being a chronically med-down student in flight school. That makes it harder for you and the current Commodore in Corpus Christi isn't too keen on young bucs being med-down more than he is. As far as what to tell the docs, I'd recommend answering questions honestly, because it can get real ugly if they find a scar you didn't mention.

So seriously, how did you do all that? Mine were all soccer related.

Saluki

So did you pass the flight physical and what did they tell you?

I had 1 acl surgery and a follow up to take out a screw that was causing pain. I passed my flight physical 1 yr ago. I just injured the same knee 1 month ago and the mri results say i have a torn meniscus. I do not know yet if I will need a surgical solution. I am just trying to see what I am up against so anything you can tell me will help out. thanks

yarles87

I told my OSO about the shoulder injury back in Sept. and he told me to put off the application until it was totally healed up. Surgery was not needed, so now I'm back training. Got the pull-ups back up to 20, range of motion totally restored. Still get a tiny tweak from time to time, but nothing serious at all, and it should be gone soon.

The OSO is currently scheduling the flight physical, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Saluki...I'll send ya a PM when I do get word, but as of right now it is up to the docs.

surfflyride...the knee injuries were from highschool/college football.