• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

In Need of OCS Partner in Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

"Unlike yourself, Goliath, I actually didn't have ANY opportunities while on the carrier. Yeah, REALLY!" why are you getting mad man? did I even mention you in my post? I'm talking Navy wide.

if you read my post I said during one's "whole" enlistment/s. I am simply saying that too many people whine and complain (again i'm not referring to anybody here) about never having the opportunity to do this or that. now i believe you when you say that you didn't have the opp. but all i'm saying is that way too many people do and don't take it. I'm not going to get into a "My job was harder than you pissing match" with anybody. but I do know what box luches are. and have eaten them on busy flight days.

man the wait is killing me

princessspoilme

Ok boys calm down. We all went to see had days that sucked. A cold shower here and there. Didnt get to the galley in time on the day they had fried chicken. And on occassion have gotten into arguments in the store over the last snicker or freeze pop. I will even admit that on one occassion an SK got smart with me about the available flavors of gatorade. I was pissed because I was there shopping for my shop and didnt have time for his smart mouth. The ship rocked slightly and I made sure I knocked all of them off the shelf. Did anyone know those plastic bottles would crack. Well lets say the store was closed for the next two days.

Women will force change upon salty dogs for the good of the fleet.

princessspoilme

God damn it I know there are more people from chicago and someone has to know something. Do i need to give out cash or false promises of cash in return for info. Well people we must find out something to better all of our careers.

Sammy

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Goliath,
Not mad man, just sounded that way. I was just trying to be a smartass. By the way my job was harder! jaja

And no I didn't know those plastic gatorade bottles cracked!

Don't sweat the small stuff!

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
I really don't think there is much to it. When I was sworn in back in July, I was told that I need to check in with the recruiting office at least once a month, which is all I've been doing. There may be more to it as OCS nears, which is what the DEP guide says, but for now I just need to train physically and memorize stuff. He said nothing about DEPPER meetings or anything else, so I think it's safe to assume that they don't exist in the Chicago area.

I just came across this board last week, and I'm very glad I did, since it definitely helps to talk to others going through the same thing. So now I have new questions I will ask when I go up for the PRT tests, and I'll see what I can dig up. I'll definitely pass the address for the forum to the other DEPs I meet.

cuculeis

princess, just wanted to let you know tht to a certain degree i agree with you but, while on my first and only shore duty, i completed my 4 year degree in 18 months. now you might say tht well it was a skate shore duty. not so, i stand 12 hour watches 4 times a week and the other 3 days i work 8 hours. its all about dedication. i went to night school mon-thurs from 6pm to 11pm and on sat from 8am to 1pm. it can be done. life sucks, but it can be done. i just submitted my ocs (nfo) package on the 5 of sep 02 and i found out that i was accepted on the 9th of sep. just 4 days later! my ocs date is the 26th of october 02. so you see it can happen very quickly....just food for thought...cuculeis

Cass

Grumpy
Hello all! I just wanted to put a couple thoughts in here. I am currently an E-5 on active duty stationed in Japan. I have been in for just over nine years, went straight to sea duty (squadron) for four years on the U.S.S. Independence, worked the long hours, and had no time to do college at all. Next, I went to shore duty (AIMD), started Embry-Riddle (Jan 99), finished in Jan 02, put in my package and was accepted within a week. I have a class start date of 8 Dec 02, and am waiting to go. Sure, I wanted to go to school on sea duty but being forward deployed didn't yield much opportunity, so I had to wait. Not many people can complete classes while at sea, and if the command doesn't support it, it makes it twice as bad. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. My package was nothing special, so don't give up just because you think that you may not "have what it takes"!

Goliath112

looks like alot of recruiters just go hands off once they get you in. But truthfully depper meeting won't tell you any new info if you are prior. and the site provides way more info than a recruiter can. sure does feel like you're forgotten though huh?

man the wait is killing me

bluesmobile

P-3 copilot
pilot
Good point, Goliath...while that "forgotten" feeling definitely exists, just joining the discussions in this site has, in only a matter of days, made it so much better. It's great to have a place to go with good questions, and the board definitely has advantages over anything a recruiter can offer. The only thing missing is the chance to meet a bunch of fellow officer candidates. It would be nice to get a good group together either to run or simply to hang around and watch the Bears game. Plus it'd be good to keep in touch with everybody as we go through our Navy careers - not just the aviators, but the guys in crypto, intel, SWO, etc. That's what I would get out of the DEPPER meetings more than anything else.

princessspoilme

bluesmobile you get the idea of my thought. All of the prior service people know that people of like rank or like rate stick together. I feel that if you make friends before hand and keep in touch when you run into each other later on you have things to relate to what has gone on since the last time you saw each other. Like when you got to your first duty station or first ship and saw people that you met in bootcamp. They may not have been in your division but you may have seen them at church the galley or PT. It makes you feel good that someone else is going through what you are and you can talk to about what might be bothering you. I am sure that you will get a sponser before you get to your duty station but they are more than likely not at all like you. I recall one that i had he was old stuck in his ways married and wanted nothing to do with women. I was cute young scared of being so far from home had no idea what i was supposed to do as far as checking in and the only person to help me was of no help and didnt want to help. So I say everyone make friends take emails. and keep in touch so atleast later you might have someone to eat with because yes for the most part the galley is like high school unless you are popular and know a lot of people or work somewhere that you meet a lot of people you stick to your friends. Lucky I was popular.

Sammy

princessspoilme

OK Everyone I am looking for someone that is in the city or that can get back and forth from downtown to help me study for the math part. Days nights weekends whenever. I prefer at a library or somewhere that we will study more than laugh. I tend to laugh a lot. But you have to be pretty good at math because i totally suck.

Sammy

kaiangel

What's up with "Women will force change upon salty dogs for the good of the fleet." Do you really think there is a problem that needs to be changed? I don't want to start the whole women in the military thing, but from what I have seen, women need to be held to the same standard and men have to not worry about breaking some PC rule and ruin their career.

Status
Not open for further replies.