• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

In need of 6 Swords!!

Renegade One

None
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the help and your generosity. Fortunately we were able to find a bunch of JROTC swords in FL, so we don't have to ask for your nice shiny ones. Again thank you for your help.

PS. MID by the way I am worth more than $47! haha my hubby is cheap:icon_tong

Do the JROTC swords all have the "correctly tied" gold sword knot? I recall that AOCS swords didn't...and are you SURE the JROTC group has SWORDS and not boot camp-style CUTLASSES?

Hick

On guard!

Navy (A)OCS used to have an ass-load of swords for their graduation ceremonies in order to accomodate officer candidates of various sizes. ...Only problem is, OCS ain't there anymore. Aviation Schools Command, however, is still there and may have retained some of the the old OCS gear when they moved (and presumably) re-equipped the new OCS up in R.I. ...or wherever it is now. I say take a walk over to the Schools Command Quarter Deck and see if they might be able to help you out. I'd be willing to bet that those swords are still sitting in a long-forgotten closet somewhere in the building.

ajb624

I would have to assume that they do not have the sword knots, I know that the ones used at OCS didn't. However they are officer swords, according to the CDR I spoke to.

Hick

Belay my last...

Er, ...uh ...My bad. Turns out that the most recent post is at the bottom of the page; not at the top. Had I only scrolled down, I would've seen that you already had a solution to your problem. (Looks like the unfrozen caveman O-4 learned something from his first AW post. ...No wonder he flies helos). Anybody think that I can maybe work a new callsign out of this?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
In lieu of setting up a whole new thread devoted to sword lending....

I am in Corpus and am going to be in a sword arch for a wedding in October, does anyone have a sword I could borrow for a weekend?

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
In lieu of setting up a whole new thread devoted to sword lending....

I am in Corpus and am going to be in a sword arch for a wedding in October, does anyone have a sword I could borrow for a weekend?

Sorry, I don't have one but...

Ask every single O-3 and above you see. One of them has one. Offer some form of compensation for their trouble.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I'm waiting for the MIDN who starts a "have sword, will travel" thread just to go wedding crashing...

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Shit if they'll pay for my plane ticket and it's open bar I'll be the LT that starts it.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I can get you swords, but they will cost you one bridesmaid each. Two for one deal if the bridesmaid is hot.

Manatees are not acceptable forms of payment.

AKM56LB

Swords

Look for swords at local universities that have NROTC programs. They should be fine with you checking out swords for a wedding. We got married in Pensacola, and I drove to Tallahassee and got all the swords I needed from the university's NROTC.