• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

In my situation, should I rule out pilot/NFO and focus on Cryptologic Warfare?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
For sure, but you can still toss SWO-intel as a top option with two follow on's? If someone is only putting SWO-intel down, they clearly haven't spent enough time browsing this forum to know you should fill out your options as competition is no joke.

I ask because originally my recruiter told me I could not even apply for IP as I lacked calc 2. I pointed out PA where it states "preferred" not required and was picked up first round. Some individuals might not know to push back on that sort of thing. I know that padre's recruiter is essentially telling him he shouldn't bother applying at all due to his waivers. I think this is a mistake and unless hes absolutely DQ'd it should be left up to the board to decide not the recruiter.

Great to know about SWO's who redes to IP - thank you!

I think you're trying to compare the active duty/OCS process against your/DCO experience. For DCO IP, I'm sure you had the work experience (whether civilian, military or both), education (i.e. a masters degree) and did well enough in the interviews for the boards to brush off the calc piece.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
I think you're trying to compare the active duty/OCS process against your/DCO experience. For DCO IP, I'm sure you had the work experience (whether civilian, military or both), education (i.e. a masters degree) and did well enough in the interviews for the boards to brush off the calc piece.

I mean, my recruiter told me I literally would not be eligible for the program because of it. I pushed back and it came back down the chain that, yes he can apply, it is only preferred not required. I only had an undergrad at the time as well and was picked up first round.

I know for a fact that OP is facing a recruiter who's telling him he can't apply because he'll never make it with two waivers. I don't necessarily believe that's true and I know people apply many times before selection. Similarly, I don't agree that he can't apply for SWO-intel albeit I agree he most likely won't get picked up based on your assessment.

So my advice to him is, go with your plan of SWO-intel, intel, IP, and see where the chips lie. Make sure to completely demolish the OAR and I don't see his chances being any worse than mine were.

If everyone only went for the "sure thing jobs" we'd all be SWOs.

exNavyOffRec

I know for a fact that OP is facing a recruiter who's telling him he can't apply because he'll never make it with two waivers. I don't necessarily believe that's true and I know people apply many times before selection. Similarly, I don't agree that he can't apply for SWO-intel albeit I agree he most likely won't get picked up based on your assessment.

So my advice to him is, go with your plan of SWO-intel, intel, IP, and see where the chips lie. Make sure to completely demolish the OAR and I don't see his chances being any worse than mine were.
You CANNOT apply for what there are no quotas for, it literally isn't listed as an option on the dashboard.

SWO-CW has now been removed and SWO-IP has been zero'd out. The SWO options are going to be for USNA grads.

There are just a few circumstances where a recruiter/NRD can stop an application and this is one of them.

surf3001x

Fully Qualified
You CANNOT apply for what there are no quotas for, it literally isn't listed as an option on the dashboard.

SWO-CW has now been removed and SWO-IP has been zero'd out. The SWO options are going to be for USNA grads.

There are just a few circumstances where a recruiter/NRD can stop an application and this is one of them.

Good to know from the recruiters perspective. Interesting about SWO-IP.

So SWO-Intel as a first choice could/would be a show stopper. How about two waivers for the issues he mentioned?

RhodesReese

Also from the Intel OCM, this coming board will be the last board, on the active duty side, with no TIS requirement and then they will have a 10 year TIS max for prior enlisted. IP is going the same route but I don’t know when they intend to start. IP PA should be getting updated soon

exNavyOffRec

Good to know from the recruiters perspective. Interesting about SWO-IP.

So SWO-Intel as a first choice could/would be a show stopper. How about two waivers for the issues he mentioned?
you never know on waivers, for a long time certain small designators would discard anyone with a waiver, that isn't so much the case now, but it is still worth a shot. Given that SWO has been behind on selections I would put him in.

exNavyOffRec

Also from the Intel OCM, this coming board will be the last board, on the active duty side, with no TIS requirement and then they will have a 10 year TIS max for prior enlisted. IP is going the same route but I don’t know when they intend to start. IP PA should be getting updated soon
The all tend to update about the same time, once one comes out look for the others.