• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Important Gouge: NEW NSS NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

futrbluangel

Ok, I heard this staight from the top. As of April, OCS will count 10% of you NSS score. Also, they are tired of guys screwing around in API so now everyone will have to muster 3 times a day....at 0730, 1230, and 1600. Finally, the mile swim time will now be converted to a score on a 100 point scale and factor a great deal as to whether or not one gets jets. I'm really freaking out now because I'm stuck here in OCS in H because I failed the swim screen....man that was tough. (wish someone would have told me about the 50 yard underwater swim) Anyways, I hope to roll into 17-04 in a few weeks. If anyone has any questions please private message me and I can tell you all the gouge you need to know about the first week of OCS. My buddy V2.0 is also monitering this site hoping to better help the off-the-street guys transistion to OCS

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So does 10% of college count for NROTC guys???

Do guys get tested on HEEDS to see if they make Helos???

Do guys get timed on box lunch consumption for P-3s? (Rip on my own community, thank you very much).

I'm SO glad I don't have to deal with rumours anymore.

futrbluangel

Hey I don't know about what happens to the ROTC guys and even academy guys. I am pretty sure this gouge is correct as I hang out in regiment and the academic bulding all day since I am stuck in H. I would prefer not to give out names since I still have to finish OCS, but if you PM me I will tell you. What are HEEDS?

trt23

i don't know if you're joking or not. either way, i'd say it's safe to say that gouge is BS.

petescheu

What does being able to swim a mile in a certain time have anything to do with flying a jet? So if I was a helo pilot and my helo went in the drink, I can all of a sudden walk on water? People screwing around in API? At pretty much all of those times listed I was in class or at an event for API when I was there... how could I muster at the same time? And what the hell does OCS (or ROTC or USNA for that matter) have to do with how well you can fly a plane.
If you wanna not go insane, you gotta understand that the rumors are all BS, and pretty much never believe anything until it happens to you.

futrbluangel

Oh man...I hadn't heard about the 4th week RLP determining your designator. I'm not too worried though because I have all this time in H to ip and fold stuff. Thanks for the good gouge pap. You must have a really good swim time to get jets. Congrats.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by zab1000
Do guys get timed on box lunch consumption for P-3s? (Rip on my own community, thank you very much).
Yeck, jungle rules apply...

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Here is the latest and greatest of the new gouge:

If you believe futrbluangel's post, you will be put into the new General Officer Designator (1105 I think) you know the one with not designated career path..

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
No, this advice is definitely from the top. For the Devil Dogs, Fex III counts for 5%, and the adjutant test counts for the remaining 5% so that the blue and green are on an equal playing field. I also hear that the AF Frisbee game they play at OTS counts for 10%, and then the coast guard just gets a freebee.

Also, to even be considered for the jet pipeline they just added a 100 yd underwater swim in full flight gear, helmet and all. This doesn’t count in the NSS, but is simply pass fail for the Jets.

Zab – you are right, only the box lunch contest applies to C-130s as well – this came straight from an O-7. Word is that those guys weren’t getting the proper nutrition for the length of the flights.

Also, if you graduate in the bottom 1/3 of your API class, then they put your name in a draw for UAV’s. They have a brand new pipeline for that – although they waive the 100 yd underwater swim.

The good news is that they lowered the weight on RI’s and Fam’s for the OCS and API scores.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
not only must you be able to consume a boxed lunch quickly to be in P-3s, you must learn to pee into that tube while some jackass up front is having fun with the rudder. If you manage to pee on yourself, you're out. It's all about using that handle, placing your head against the wall, hold on tight now!

i'm telling you guys, this IS good gouge, it could save you one day!

Pags

N/A
pilot
I heard from stucon that those 3 musters haven't been enough. To stop everyone from coming in smelling like a brewery, they've added a 2400 muster and 0200 muster (this includes weekends). Uniform will be mess dress for 1200 and Aviation Greens for 0200. There will be an inspection at each one.

And the UAV pipeline gouge is true too. Except if you get picked, they transfer your commission to the air force. And they've started to pick people other than the bottom of the class to ensure a quality spread.

it's all true. I heard it all from my friend's neighbor's cousing's roommates who knew this guy who's dad was an admiral.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Originally posted by shoo24
What does being able to swim a mile in a certain time have anything to do with flying a jet? So if I was a helo pilot and my helo went in the drink, I can all of a sudden walk on water?

So are you telling me that helo pilots CAN'T walk on water? Gatordev, you lied to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.