• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Important Gouge: NEW NSS NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondiw

whoever this guy is who started this topic. word of wisdom: get out of H! Also, it is important to worry about graduating ocs, rather than api, because the road is still long for you. focus on the next evolution...and before you know, it you will class up, then you pass 4th week rlp, ...api should be the last thing on your mind, if you are in H, use it to your advantage, get a head start, and get off the internet...

mbeaser

Wow, and it isn't even Apr 1 yet :)

I'm glad to know that I don't need to go to the trouble of trying to convince myself to take someone seriously when they chose a handle like that.

futrbluangel

Originally posted by dondiw
whoever this guy is who started this topic. word of wisdom: get out of H! Also, it is important to worry about graduating ocs, rather than api, because the road is still long for you. focus on the next evolution...and before you know, it you will class up, then you pass 4th week rlp, ...api should be the last thing on your mind, if you are in H, use it to your advantage, get a head start, and get off the internet...

Thanks for the the advice but you don't know what you are talking about. I am thinking about the future now because I failed to previously, thats why I am here in H.
I am just trying to pass on some great gouge and prevent people from being unprepared like me. Some of you won't think it's so funny when you end up in H with me or flying helo's when you really wanted jets.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Some of you won't think it's so funny when you end up in H with me or flying helo's when you really wanted jets.

I had a friend who really wanted jets, he got helos. He then went out and drank, got a DUI, and he is now out of the Navy. Getting a DUI isn't funny. Getting Helos vs. jets, that's the needs of the Navy.

Be prepared to fly whatever Uncle Sam gives you the keys for. At the end of the day, you're still flying something. Though i haven't flow a jet, i have flown an HH-60 (it was blast) and now i fly the P-3 (also a good time) - flying is simply fun. In addition, wearing a flight suit is FAR better than khakis(we get cooler jackets too).

The worst day flying is still better than the best day as a boat driver!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by PropStop
not only must you be able to consume a boxed lunch quickly to be in P-3s, you must learn to pee into that tube while some jackass up front is having fun with the rudder. If you manage to pee on yourself, you're out. It's all about using that handle, placing your head against the wall, hold on tight now!
ROFL!!! SOO TRUE!! I have managed to have WAY too much fun with that one. Nothing like a full tactical crew checking in on ICS and giving you a status report when the TACCO (O4 OPSO) gets into the head.... count, one, two, three, four, five, should be ready ... kick the rudder back and forth!!! Woohoo!!! You know you are really doing a good job if the head water breaker comes off the wall (jk). I had to stand CDO the next day, but it was worth it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Going to work wearing a flight suit is like going to work wearing pajamas. You can't beat it.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
As long as we're telling stories.....

So I eat a HUGE breakfast prior to an 11 hour mission. Well, hour 5 rolls around and I realize I'm not gonna make it. So I line the ol' non flushable P-3 toilet with our typical CRYSTAL CLEAR trash bags (triple bag thank you). I do my thing, clean up, tie 'er off, spray some Lysol, good to go. Throw that bad boy in the Doppler Well (cavity in the belly accessible from the cabin, but not heated, so the 'matter' would be supercooled if not frozen).

So, in typical P-3 fashion,we land, I take my sh*t with me, so my enlisted guys won't have to deal with it.

As I pull it out of the Doppler Well, my AW2 acoustic operator looks at me all excited.

(Dead Serious): "Kick Ass! The Lieutanant made Doppler Ice Cream!!! Sir! Sir! What flavor??? Can I have some???"

I look at him, say "Rocky Road Champ, it's all yours..."

(No I didn't let him take it or open it, but boy i wanted to)

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
Be prepared to fly whatever Uncle Sam gives you the keys for.

keys? you mean these things have keys?!?!?!? Hell, I always lose my keys. Guess I have to go back to hot-wiring them. Maybe I'll leave the stereos in them this time.

Pags

N/A
pilot
yeah, make sure you take the face off of the stereo if you go to an Air Force base. Those guys have sticky fingers...:)

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by zab1000
As long as we're telling stories.....

So, in typical P-3 fashion,we land, I take my sh*t with me, so my enlisted guys won't have to deal with it.
Ha! So you "broke the seal" huh? Gotta love those clear plastic bags, at least you didn't have the TACCO run a crew FOUO drill while you were in there, and the "source" of the fumes was coming from the head...

Status
Not open for further replies.