• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
I was just wondering how early they send you out to do IFS before actually starting TBS. I have heard three months and one month. For anyone that knows, would it push your actual TBS date back that amount of time, or would you just start earlier. Thanks.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
The word that was passed to me:

-I'll class up w/Fox Co. in Nov.
-Because of that, I'll go to IFS in Quantico in Sept.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Killer2 said:
Are there any SNFOs doing IFS or just SNA any isolid info would help.
Yeah I got some solid info for you newbee, the Corps is cheap. They do IFS to see if you can "fly" a plane they take it for granted anyone can "ride" in one with any degree of sucess :icon_smil . Why would they waste money on IFS for FO's. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with being a walking NavBag....after all someone's gotta get the ugly friend.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
FrogFly said:

Now have you been told that as the way things have happened in the past, or is that set in stone (i.e. you have orders.) And if you have it set in stone, are you already commissioned? I am just trying to get a good idea myself of when I will be leaving. I understand that nothing is certain in the Marines, but nobody seems to know anything around here.
Further info, as just what others in my general situation have been told, or what has happened to others in the past, would be appreciated. I'm commissioning in May, need to go to IFS, and am a PLC'er.

Semper Gumbi. Rah rah, kill kill.

FrogFly

I guess you could say that it's what I've been told, based on the recent history of events. I'm a PLC'er, also, who will commission this summer. Like yourself, I'd prefer to know when I'm leaving, but that's all I have to go on thus far. I find it very unusual that I could be leaving so quickly after commissioning, given the norm.

Like I said earlier, it is just what I am told to expect; nothing is set in stone because I am waiting on orders.

Dustball

2nd LT
You won't find out officially when you going until like 2-4 weeks before shipping. I'm like a week and a half away from commissioning and I've only been given a tentative date. You get a tentative TBS date when your commissioning paperwork gets sent to your OSO but your official orders won't come until 2-4 weeks before your report date. They can change the class at any time and they will. Life as a PLC stud sucks but deal with it.

Peters1

TOW, if they "see" if you can fly and decide you are not worth the money, then what? Are you separated from the Corps or do you become a ground pounder and go through the hell of MOS selection at TBS? Niether would be a great fate if you are set on flying but going ground would be a helluva lot better than going civilian!

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Alright!!!

So how many first inc. Echo company PLC'ers do we have going to TBS in Sep and/or IFS before that. Just wonderin who I might recognize when I get out there. And then how many are going to TBS in Nov. As far as you know anyways.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
peters146 said:
TOW, if they "see" if you can fly and decide you are not worth the money, then what? Are you separated from the Corps or do you become a ground pounder and go through the hell of MOS selection at TBS? Niether would be a great fate if you are set on flying but going ground would be a helluva lot better than going civilian!
No I am primary complete and awaiting selection till then dutybooty. I agree about being a civilian. :icon_wink

Taxman2A

War were declared.
FrogFly said:

This is a pretty small point, but just so you know that would put you in Arctic Alpha, not Fox. The weather will be rough, but not quite as bad as Fox. Stand by for the rifle range.

FrogFly

Man, good to know... I appreciate the head's-up. I can't wait to lie in the snowy, frozen, mush on the rifle range. "Greeaaaat"

Status
Not open for further replies.