• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ifs

flyerstud4

Just curious on the flight time you guys get when you go thru IFS. Any ratings or just intro? I am already instrument rated and going to Pcola right after TBS, but just wondering what kind of experience the IFS guys get.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
It is pretty chill, but fun (if you want it to be). I know this is a slight tangent, but some guys hated it. I thought it was free flight time. If there is any time to REALLY not worry about grades and just learn, this is it. No gamesmanship required at IFS. But some people stressed out anyway...

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Last I heard, they weren't doing the English exam anymore. I think the failure rate has dropped. The lady teaching it REALLY wants a 100% pass rate.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Last I heard, they weren't doing the English exam anymore. I think the failure rate has dropped. The lady teaching it REALLY wants a 100% pass rate.

It was really more of a grammer test when I was there. If they aren't doing the test anymore than I am sure that the failure rate did drop, kinda hard to fail a test that you don't take. Then again it may be hard for the lady to get 100% pass rate if noone takes the test...or maybe I am just a little confused about the post...

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
When the new command suite moved in in '05, they did a lot of restructuring of the POI. I believe the grammar test was one of the first to go, as was FEX IV (MOUT got beefed up in its place, and Convoy is its own evolution). Up until they cut the test, I think the failure rate had been steadily dropping, as the lady had been finding better ways of preparing the studs for the exam.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
They were still administering the English exam when I left Quantico in the spring, and it is still touted as the most failed test. That and "call for failure"...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
When the new command suite moved in in '05, they did a lot of restructuring of the POI. I believe the grammar test was one of the first to go, as was FEX IV (MOUT got beefed up in its place, and Convoy is its own evolution). Up until they cut the test, I think the failure rate had been steadily dropping, as the lady had been finding better ways of preparing the studs for the exam.

Last I heard they were moving FEX IV back into the POI...as well...guess the changes haven't worked out as well as they would have liked...

Raptor2216

I just finished up with charlie and I don't remember anything even remotely resembling a grammar test.

Mout is a 4 day event and really not that big of a deal...good times in my book. Convoy ops is a 2 day event and you do sleep out on the LZ for the night but a relatively easy event.

FEX IV on the other hand is a whole different story. We were the first company to go though it in a while and from what the staff told us, it is here to stay. For us, it ended up being 3.5 days long. They will be doing a lot to restructure the entire event so that its not as big of a screw up as it was for us. I can't wait to hear about the changes they are going to make so keep us updated.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
OK, I stand corrected. Looks like I was there during a transition period. I'd certainly like to hear the *New-and-improved* hazing package for new lieueys.