• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ifs Question

tony7500

0+ hours...
KizerSosay said:
I am reporting for IFS in Sept. How busy will I be in general while at IFS?

Are you reporting for IFS at your home of record or are you going to do IFS in the Quantico area. My commissioning package set me a tentative date for TBS of 27 NOV, and I was interested in knowing whether I should expect to do IFS before or after TBS, and whether it will be done at my home of record or in the Quantico area. If you're doing IFS in September I'll assume you already got your orders? My OSO doesn't seem to know much about the timeline these days...she's only been in the office about a month. Thanks for the info.

usmcecho4

pilot
You will be doing IFS after TBS. You will report no later than 2359 27 NOV 2005 and will class up with Alpha Co 06 NLT than 0700 28 NOV 2005. You will start IFS sometime after 09 JUN 2005 at one of four places: Dulles Aviation, Manassas Aviation, Quantico Flying Club, or Pensacola. You will not go to Pensacola unless you have a good reason to do so (family, you are an NFO, etc). You will not pass "Go" however you will collect many hundreds of dollars in addition to some pretty good training.

s/f,
usmcecho4

tony7500

0+ hours...
Thanks for the replies. You guys gave me just the information I needed. I can't wait to get out to TBS and get the ball rolling. Thanks again.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
If I were you, I wouldn't try to get out of Quantico quickly by requesting Pensacola for IFS. I know you'll be sick of Quantico, but I'm so glad I stayed and got IFS done up there. There are some Lts down here who have to wait several months before even classing up with IFS. Get it done in Quantico, trust me.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Michael W said:
From what I hear, though the people in Pensacola *might* possibly have had to wait longer for IFS to start, I'm pretty sure none of them in Pensacola have had to pull butts on Saturdays and Sundays like the guys up in Quantico. If *I* were you, I'd request Pensacola. BTW, by longer to wait, I mean like a week or two longer.

Down side to doing it in Pensacola is the potential to have to drive to Destin if you get assigned there for it- in traffic no less- Its an easier trip to MCAF and Manassas. Summer weather is probably better in Quantico as well (no thunderstorms everyday).

Get used to doing things aviation related on weekends... or at least used to not complaing about them.

tony7500

0+ hours...
It doesn't matter too much to me about where I do IFS. If things will go quicker by staying in Quantico I might just do it there. I'll figure it out 10 months from now after TBS. Thanks again for the info everyone.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
zippy said:
Down side to doing it in Pensacola is the potential to have to drive to Destin if you get assigned there for it- in traffic no less- Its an easier trip to MCAF and Manassas. Summer weather is probably better in Quantico as well (no thunderstorms everyday).

Summer weather in Quantico/Manassas sucks. You have the same threat of thunderstorms as down here, plus all the heat makes the visibility awful. I honestly think I had more cancelled flights then real flights.

I'm pretty sure none of them in Pensacola have had to pull butts on Saturdays and Sundays like the guys up in Quantico.

Nobody I was in IFS was ever put on a working party, for the mere fact that we were getting our flying done.