• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Pink Slips and API PRB

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Well reading the report and seeing that the transcript of the pilot included the phrase "yeah five zero eight ain't got no fuel." we can safely assume that the guy behind the yoke "ain't" curing cancer anytime soon....:rolleyes:

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well reading the report and seeing that the transcript of the pilot included the phrase "yeah five zero eight ain't got no fuel." we can safely assume that the guy behind the yoke "ain't" curing cancer anytime soon....:rolleyes:

No, I think that's trying to speak to Pensacola Approach in their local vernacular.

fox2mike

Here's the thing I've observed about API studs and these tests - it's good to listen to gouge about what kinds of things are on the tests, bad to listen to gouge on how tough the test is. One guy might be a freak of nature with a photographic memory, doesn't mean it'll be easy for you.

I teach Weather and FR&R, the two "easiest" API tests, yet every class I have at least two failures on both (about the same number as fail Nav, Aero, etc). Quite a few of those failures blew off studying Wx because they were worrying about Aero, and failed FR&R because they were sweating the Nav test.

Pink sheets are all weighted the same. You've got six tests in four weeks. Study your ass off for all of them, and save your pink sheet allowance for the bad days you're bound to have in the VT's.

I had you for Weather and it was easily my favorite API class. One of the marine LTs in our class recorded your exam review and I still have it on my iPod. It's been extremely helpful too, since up here at Vance I have to take weather again under the Air Force system and the failure rate up here is like 25-33% for Weather. I definitely miss the stories from your Hawkeye days, battling thunderstorms and having language barrier showdowns with Karachi Center. By contrast, the weather guy up here showed us videos of himself passing out and spasming during his G-LOC centrifuge training.

Thanks, sir, for making a challenging subject so worth it.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I had you for Weather and it was easily my favorite API class. One of the marine LTs in our class recorded your exam review and I still have it on my iPod. It's been extremely helpful too, since up here at Vance I have to take weather again under the Air Force system and the failure rate up here is like 25-33% for Weather. I definitely miss the stories from your Hawkeye days, battling thunderstorms and having language barrier showdowns with Karachi Center. By contrast, the weather guy up here showed us videos of himself passing out and spasming during his G-LOC centrifuge training.

This was an outstanding piece of suck up :)

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor

You've already made it through API, you need to focus your sucking powers toward those in Vance now.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I definitely miss the stories from your Hawkeye days, battling thunderstorms and having language barrier showdowns with Karachi Center. Thanks, sir, for making a challenging subject so worth it.

For your entire statement: If I were you, I would put extra effort into maintaining your anonymity, because if you are ever found out at your squadron, you will never live this one down.