• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Pink Slips and API PRB

stgcst

Question, if you get a pink slip during IFS and then drop a test during API does that failure in IFS count against you at the PRB in API?

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Negative.

You have two failures once classed up for API after the second failure, you go to a PRB.

stgcst

Drop or fail a written test, I was wondering if a failure in IFS would count against a person during API, should they fail a test there and end up in front of a PRB?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Depends on what you mean by "count".

It takes two academic failures in API for you to go to a PRB. But if you do go to a PRB, any failed events in IFS will be considered by the board in deciding what to do with you.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Bottom line: don't fail stuff. I can't speak to IFS (didn't do it), but API really isn't that tough. Study with classmates and if you're having any trouble, talk to the instructor BEFORE the test.

stgcst

Thanks for the info! I was told that a failure in IFS would carry over to API. However it seems like it will only come up at a PRB if you make it there. As for two academic failures, that's a test failure and a retest failure? What about getting rolled back? How often does that happen?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Thanks for the info! I was told that a failure in IFS would carry over to API. However it seems like it will only come up at a PRB if you make it there. As for two academic failures, that's a test failure and a retest failure? What about getting rolled back? How often does that happen?

You usually get rolled back when you go med down---or if you fail two tests and they have you take that course of instruction over.

Don't worry about pink sheets. Just study hard and put out and it becomes a non-issue.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
There are API instructors on the boards here that can better answer the specifics of why someone might be rolled... but I have seen people get rolled back before they fail their re-test if the instructor doesnt feel the student has a good grasp on the material. They would rather push you back a week and get you more instruction, than have you fail a test, then fail the retest.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I would say don't suck. That means don't fail. It's not that hard, any of this stuff. If you have problems in IFS and API, you will have issues in primary...judging from my experience.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Drop or fail a written test, I was wondering if a failure in IFS would count against a person during API, should they fail a test there and end up in front of a PRB?

The most important thing is to not get too down on yourself. If you fail a test, don't waste your time worrying about the consequences of another failed test, focus on passing the next test! I failed the Nav test once in API, I made it through....I had some issues in primary, I made it through....Keep studying, stay positive and focussed, oh yeah, and keep studying! Good luck!

donmagicjuan

Don't. Bite. Your friends!
pilot
OP, are you really retired Navy? If so, I find it hilarious that everyone keeps giving you advice on how to succeed in API.

stgcst

Yes I'm retired NAVY and very proud of it! I'm looking for answers to provide some advice to someone who needs its....and thanks to everyone for your answers.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
Does anyone know what's happening to people who do fail in API, getting attrited or DOR's? I've been hearing a mixture of different things.

cclement

None
Does anyone know what's happening to people who do fail in API, getting attrited or DOR's? I've been hearing a mixture of different things.

A few weeks ago LT Hammer said people dropping from A-Pool were getting redesignated as SWOs.