• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS or MCFIP ...Whats the difference??

NORRIS99

i saw this article on a marine corp website a while back
Marine Corps Flight Indoctrination Program (MCFIP) provides civilian flight instruction to fully trained members of the Platoon Leaders Class -- Aviation option who have agreed to accept their commission. Students who have completed their summer training and are within one year of graduation are eligible for this program.

what is the difference between this and the ifs program???? are they the same thing...
...also, what do people fly at ifs?? a cessna 172???

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Word to the wise

MCFIP v IFS may be a reasonable question but the "what kind of planes do they fly at IFS" may get your ass in a sling if you ask it again without doing a little AW search first.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Word to the wise

MCFIP v IFS may be a reasonable question but the "what kind of planes do they fly at IFS" may get your ass in a sling if you ask it again without doing a little AW search first.

He's already asked it before..

he got the same answer.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
haha im f***in up...im done startin new threads...hittin up the search engine for a long while...

Good for you. There are hours and hours of reading and learning to be had here just by picking a forum, opening a thread and diving in. Have at it.

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
Learn to use English, with normal punctuation. Or at least try.

Txtspk pisses me off faster than a lime shortage make A4s mad.

Every time I read one of your posts I never finish because I just stare at the ginormous boobs on your profile pic.

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
So what is MCFIP? Never heard of it.

I'm reasonably sure its MCFOP Marine Corps Flight Orientation Program, not that it really matters but thats what its been called at my OSO. I have done it twice now, basically they bring a plane down to a local airport near the OSO (in our case it was a king air) and take Air contract or Air contract hopefuls up and let them have about 15 minutes of stick time during which the pilot(a major in our case) talks a little bit about aviation in general and answers a few questions.

rjmayer

firedude1827, you're talking about something different. I have done that too. MCFIP is basically IFS while in school. If you have a local airport or your school has a flight program, you can get up to 25 hours (i think) of training before TBS, but after OCS. I believe you must agree to take your bars. I asked my OSO about it and he said I'm ineligible because of my PPL.

Vegas

AH-1Z
pilot
firedude1827, you're talking about something different. I have done that too. MCFIP is basically IFS while in school. If you have a local airport or your school has a flight program, you can get up to 25 hours (i think) of training before TBS, but after OCS. I believe you must agree to take your bars. I asked my OSO about it and he said I'm ineligible because of my PPL.

Thats good to know thanks for setting me straight, I dont have my PPL so that will be something I should ask my OSO about.

2Blades

"Chester" 4 blades transition
pilot
I was given the offer to sign up for the program but I didn't do it because I would have been too busy with an internship and college. I thought I had heard not long after that the program was scrapped.