• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS/NFO's

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
flying rock, uncle fester, scott, you guys only re-enforced what i kinda had in mind, thanks. tomorrow i find out if i am gonna get to go to mobile or not, but regardless after ifs i plan on getting the rest of the private pilot license so rock, i just might take you up on that offer of flying.... do you guys out there offer a program to finish getting the remainder of a ppl after ifs? i know it will be outta my pocket.....

I'd normally recommend hitting the API/Primary pubs over getting your PPL if you have downtime; but if you have the opportunity to get it flying with Rocky - Go for it. You will learn a great deal.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'd normally recommend hitting the API/Primary pubs over getting your PPL if you have downtime; but if you have the opportunity to get it flying with Rocky - Go for it. You will learn a great deal.

If you are an SNA and pay out of pocket to finish up your PPL, you're just dumb.

You GET a commercial/intrument certificate(s) when you get winged so why waste your money? Pay 250 bucks, and get ALL your ratings in 2 years, or pay thousands of dollars to get your PPL NOW and then pay 250 bucks to get all your ratings in 2 years?

If you're NFO, then I highly recommend getting the private since your stick skills will be fresh, and then I'd recommend getting the other ratings after you get winged since the instrument rating will be a LOT easier after you're a winged NFO (purely opinion judging by the training you do and what others have said).

submarinerssbn

If you're NFO, then I highly recommend getting the private since your stick skills will be fresh, and then I'd recommend getting the other ratings after you get winged since the instrument rating will be a LOT easier after you're a winged NFO (purely opinion judging by the training you do and what others have said).

my situation isn't unique but there is a plan. im going for snfo but figure doing things like getting the ppl and trying to finish top of my class in api will maybe help when trying to apply for sna at the end of api. it is all contingent on how well i feel through ifs/api about being a sna instead of a snfo but i figure i applied for it first on my package and was chosen for snfo, not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth, accepted snfo, but i have my foot in the door and hope i can keep trying for what i want and get started down the field i want first instead of trying to switch to pilot later on after getting winged a nfo.

i understand the needs of the navy prevail, but better to have a plan and do what i can to get it than try but not put forth max effort when trying to make the switch ltr in training. but from what your saying even as an nfo i should get it for the other ratings later so a win win situation for me i guess.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
my situation isn't unique but there is a plan. im going for snfo but figure doing things like getting the ppl and trying to finish top of my class in api will maybe help when trying to apply for sna at the end of api. it is all contingent on how well i feel through ifs/api about being a sna instead of a snfo but i figure i applied for it first on my package and was chosen for snfo, not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth, accepted snfo, but i have my foot in the door and hope i can keep trying for what i want and get started down the field i want first instead of trying to switch to pilot later on after getting winged a nfo.

i understand the needs of the navy prevail, but better to have a plan and do what i can to get it than try but not put forth max effort when trying to make the switch ltr in training. but from what your saying even as an nfo i should get it for the other ratings later so a win win situation for me i guess.

That is the longest sentence I have ever read...

Is there a significant difference in the training between SNA and SNFO through IFS and API? I thought it was pretty much the same till primary.

FlyinRock

At the present time thats true. There has been talk for the past couple years about going back to an abbreviated program for SNFO's and the last I heard was only going to get you to solo with about 13-14 hrs total time.
Semper Fi
Rocky