• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Locations Changing??

jacob180

pilot
Just wanted to pass this word from my NSI in charge of IFS at JUNROTC. As of the end of this year all IFS will take place in the Pensacola area for MIDN/OC's. Marines will do IFS near Paris Island, and the Academy guys will do it somewhere up there. My guess is this will probably increase the wait time in Pensacola, so if you get commissioned this academic year and you have the time, you may want to do IFS now. Hope this helps someone.

jacob180

pilot
Quantico is probably what my NSI meant, but he did say Paris Island. Anyways, the point is IFS will no longer be country wide but in 3 regions only.

GMan1976

Banned
That's weird, I thought part of the reason for IFS was to save $$ for the Navy by weeding out the guys who get up in the plane and say flying isn't for them (rather than them making that decision after the military pays to move them down here)

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
But the navy is already paying them, so why not have them all do it in standardized locations where the navy can do a group contract for less $$.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Meh, they did much the same thing back in 2004, and it resulted in a big backlog, but things still ended up okay. Not a huge deal.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Meh, they did much the same thing back in 2004, and it resulted in a big backlog, but things still ended up okay. Not a huge deal.

Yeah, I was out of Pcola in less than 6 months, including wait for IFS, IFS and the wait for Ivan.

And the title is slightly misleading. Maybe you're trying out for the liberal media, not telling the full truth.:D

First of all, Parris Island is a 9 hour drive from Quantico, so I doubt that is what he meant. MCAS Beaufort is right next to Parris Island, so maybe thats where he was implying. I would really love to know where Marines are going for IFS because I was supposed to do IFS before TBS, but there was no room for anymore Lt's so we have to do it after.