• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS Locations Changing??

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I talked to the IFS office here at Canoe U today. This is happening as some of the far flung ROTC schools are having stan issues with IFS. I.e.,: A ROTC unit (SWO LT on the staff) may not really pay attention to or follow an SNA's IFS program like they should have or could have.

Actually not a bad change.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
First of all, Parris Island is a 9 hour drive from Quantico, so I doubt that is what he meant. MCAS Beaufort is right next to Parris Island, so maybe thats where he was implying. I would really love to know where Marines are going for IFS because I was supposed to do IFS before TBS, but there was no room for anymore Lt's so we have to do it after.

You will probably be doing it in Quanico, only after TBS...no big deal...

HalfBreed

None
I heard that the Air Force was doing the same thing only their IFT/NIFT would be done in Colorado. Every single Air Force aviator would go to Colorado (Springs perhaps?) spend a month there for IFT/NIFT then go to their various pilot/nav training bases.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
First of all, Parris Island is a 9 hour drive from Quantico, so I doubt that is what he meant. MCAS Beaufort is right next to Parris Island, so maybe thats where he was implying. I would really love to know where Marines are going for IFS because I was supposed to do IFS before TBS, but there was no room for anymore Lt's so we have to do it after.

Everybody just relax about IFS. You'll do it when (and where) you do it. In the grand scheme, it is not something you should be wasting brain cells worrying about.

Brett

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Everybody just relax about IFS. You'll do it when (and where) you do it. In the grand scheme, it is not something you should be wasting brain cells worrying about.

Brett

That being said I'm not too excited about staying in Quantico after TBS.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I heard that the Air Force was doing the same thing only their IFT/NIFT would be done in Colorado. Every single Air Force aviator would go to Colorado (Springs perhaps?) spend a month there for IFT/NIFT then go to their various pilot/nav training bases.

That'd be typical AF ideology: spend more money. But who knows, maybe it'd save money too.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
I don't know if it's better or worse for the Navy, but for a new Ensign, IFS in your college town while stashed at your ROTC unit is pretty much the best deal you could ever hope for from the Navy.

If things do get backed up, stand by for even more whiners who sit around drinking on the beach while complaining about how bad they have it because they have to wait to start API or Primary.