• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IFS down the tubes?

MasterBates

Seriously.. How is it that there are a bunch of good dudes who get shitcanned after a non EP FITREP, yet a fuckup of that magnitude is allowed to continue in flight school? I've seen guys careers ended for much less, when they have a good record otherwise.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seriously.. How is it that there are a bunch of good dudes who get shitcanned after a non EP FITREP, yet a fuckup of that magnitude is allowed to continue in flight school? I've seen guys careers ended for much less, when they have a good record otherwise.

Good question. I did look it up and the only news report I saw about it after the initial ones was that the charges were dropped because they could not connect them directly to the birds killed. As for them not getting dinged for supposedly fudging muster without leave, I guess the CO was in a forgiving mood if that was the case?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They mustered. They just did it by phone. From jail.

Was that their one phone call? Seriously, I remember seeing something about how they didn't fess up at first and were far enough away where they were supposed to take leave. Was that the case?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Ha, I don't know. It's one of those legends of Naval Aviation...they were down near the glades, so they should have been on leave at the very least.

MasterBates

Just seeing guys get the boot for shit as little as Public Intox (IN A BAR, when Texas ABC had a stick up their ass) and these clowns.. Are now flying in the fleet.

And Flags get careers ruined for quoting Mel Brooks.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was that their one phone call? Seriously, I remember seeing something about how they didn't fess up at first and were far enough away where they were supposed to take leave. Was that the case?

They weren't on leave when it happened, just on normal liberty. One did muster from jail, not sure if he did it for the group, or just for himself. (All of them were Academy classmates of mine, and one's in my airwing)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
They weren't on leave when it happened, just on normal liberty. One did muster from jail, not sure if he did it for the group, or just for himself. (All of them were Academy classmates of mine, and one's in my airwing)

Both times I went through P'cola they had a distance limit you could go before having to take leave and where they were was beyond that, is that still the case?

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was when I went through (just before these guys). IIRC, it was 300 miles, which would get you to New Orleans, but not south of Gainesville.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
Both times I went through P'cola they had a distance limit you could go before having to take leave and where they were was beyond that, is that still the case?

Still the case. 100 miles for every day of regular liberty. Standard weekend is 200 miles, 3 day is 300 and so forth. You can submit a special request chit for another 100 miles beyond those limits, but if beyond that 100 miles then you need to take leave.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
In other news, my schedule for tomorrow upon completing my graduation ceremony from API is to report to IFS room in the API building for I-Pool Brief (since I am still waiting to complete IFS).

I am giddy with excitement to see what this mysterious new I-pool has waiting for me. I am hoping that it involves 2 hours of sweepers each day or perhaps re-chipping the chip trail. Or better yet, mowing the "rugby" field by the API building.

MGoBrew11

pilot
IFS should be back to normal.

A lot of us that classed up for API this week were called today and told that we will be doing IFS instead of API next week.