• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

If going to Iraq, your choice of weapon

Ill comment more on Fighting if anyone is interested. Alot of our curriculm comes from air to air lessons learned. Ide assumed Col. Boyd was common knowledge?

As for the weapon?

M-4, Glock19.....

If youre a big boy? M-14, Glock19

If youve got 2500USD and a friend in Jordan you can purchase an M249 from FN with end user cert. Legal in Iraq baby.

I wouldn't have thought that in a million years.

I use interviews of pilots as training aids. Given the glamor of becoming an Ace they're at ease and candid while talking about killing. Its been great for learning/teaching/reinforcing what we know.

The TV Show Dogfights is great for explaining geometry but even more for mindset. One guy said "You know you had to go find em to kill em. If you want em, you can find em. Kill em"

Aggressiveness VS Recklessness excellent stuff from aviators on that as well.

Top Gun is the model we used for arguing for FoF training. It was EXPENSIVE to develop, and expensive to use. Its proven to be the quantum leap in preparing for combat.

Until then it was fancy rehearsals at best.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn't have thought that in a million years.

I use interviews of pilots as training aids. Given the glamor of becoming an Ace they're at ease and candid while talking about killing. Its been great for learning/teaching/reinforcing what we know.

The TV Show Dogfights is great for explaining geometry but even more for mindset. One guy said "You know you had to go find em to kill em. If you want em, you can find em. Kill em"

Aggressiveness VS Recklessness excellent stuff from aviators on that as well.

Top Gun is the model we used for arguing for FoF training. It was EXPENSIVE to develop, and expensive to use. Its proven to be the quantum leap in preparing for combat.

Until then it was fancy rehearsals at best.

Is that so?

Brett