• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IDC (IP/IW/INTEL/SWO-IDC Otion) Board

Connie

My OR keeps telling me none of the results for any of his recruits for Intel/IW are out. Not sure how often I should bug him.

CmichRugger12

PRO-Y NFO
I don't know if it's normal exactly, but when the December board came out for SNA and SNFO, I found out about three days after pretty much everyone else. No idea why my OR just got the information later than everyone else.

I feel like I might be in the same boat as you. My OR's office is usually busy so I'm trying to attribute it to that, but the waiting is tough. Especially since I'm probably going to go NFO regardless of the INTEL results.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Posted elsewhere but figured I'd throw it in here, too. Pro-RecN for intel, IW, SWO-IW from the Feb board. I got the call last Thursday.

@NavyOffRec ... I'm planning on reapplying for the April board. Any tips on how to improve a package in the amount of time I have before that board?

(If anyone else has any info regarding that question, please feel free to answer too!)

Fronch

OCS 03-15 (IW)
(If anyone else has any info regarding that question, please feel free to answer too!)
DDE1990,

I was Pro-Rec Y for IW at this most recent board, and from what people have said, it was very competitive (for IW at least). Taking a look at my stats versus yours, it might be worth trying to improve your OAR score, or perhaps even taking a couple of years to go get a Master's degree to make yourself stand out a little more. I don't have much insight beyond my own personal experience, but good luck to you in the future!

Tenzo82

Posted elsewhere but figured I'd throw it in here, too. Pro-RecN for intel, IW, SWO-IW from the Feb board. I got the call last Thursday.

@NavyOffRec ... I'm planning on reapplying for the April board. Any tips on how to improve a package in the amount of time I have before that board?

From looking at your status. Your OAR is in the middle so I can say I see people with OAR and GPA lower than yours get selected. I think it just depend on the applicants that's applying at the time. There's a lot of weird and unexplainable thinks that happen. Look at your package again and see what you can improve.

I think the application is due to NRD by March 10 but the recommended date is March 3. I'm not sure why they have two dates.

Good luck.

exNavyOffRec

The will look for something substantial that has changed in your application, while taking and getting a better OAR score will allow you to apply again it won't really do anything for your selection chances, the odds of a person getting picked up after being turned down once fall drastically (aviation excluded)

fedman28

Well that doesnt make me feel very hopeful about the April board. Im allpying for INTEL, SWO-IP, IW, Pretty much anything I qual for.

32, M, 4 years Navy prior
OAR-49
B.S. Criminal Justice/Homeland Security 3.67 GPA
LOR's from RET.O-6, Active O-3, Professors, Past Employers
Multiple Athletics-Football, SwimTeam, Baseball
President of Motorcycle Club for Middle Tennessee State Univ.

Skikopey

NavyOffRec
The will look for something substantial that has changed in your application, while taking and getting a better OAR score will allow you to apply again it won't really do anything for your selection chances, the odds of a person getting picked up after being turned down once fall drastically (aviation excluded)

Why would one`s chances fall drastically if they've been turned down once before. So many times I`ve heard of people having to apply multiple times before they got picked up. Wouldn`t reapplying after improving your application show to the board even more, determination, motivation, persistence, burning desire to be Navy, improvement, ability to overcome...etc...???

NavyOffRec

Why would one`s chances fall drastically if they've been turned down once before. So many times I`ve heard of people having to apply multiple times before they got picked up. Wouldn`t reapplying after improving your application show to the board even more, determination, motivation, persistence, burning desire to be Navy, improvement, ability to overcome...etc...???
I agree with what you're saying and would have to disagree with the prior post. Everything I've always heard from everyone my whole career is that persistence and perseverance are keys to success in selection. Sure, some individuals get picked up the first time. I took three tries.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec

Statistics have shown over years that a person chances fall each time, now there are some exceptions, aviation, with them ASTB is very key, so if a person goes from 5's to 7's that is a good increase, or if a person is non aviation and had an average GPA, but then goes to grad school and does even better, now there are 2 new things.

The board doesn't care about persistence, had a senior member tell me that before, each board looks at the current applications fresh and stacks them based on quality, you must remember, for every great person that was selected there is another just like him or her applying next time.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

I agree with what you're saying and would have to disagree with the prior post. Everything I've always heard from everyone my whole career is that persistence and perseverance are keys to success in selection. Sure, some individuals get picked up the first time. I took three tries.

nope, not in this case, at one point NRC during a conference call said if people keeping applying and are being turned down then consider doing a field reject board.

Since you are active think about this, the 20 year first class that has been a very good performer, one of the top, but just can't make CPO, been trying for say 10 years, each year there is someone at his command that gets selected the first time because he is just a bit better, persistence doesn't matter in this case either.

nope, not in this case, at one point NRC during a conference call said if people keeping applying and are being turned down then consider doing a field reject board.

Since you are active think about this, the 20 year first class that has been a very good performer, one of the top, but just can't make CPO, been trying for say 10 years, each year there is someone at his command that gets selected the first time because he is just a bit better, persistence doesn't matter in this case either.
Yeah, I didn't think about it that way. You're spot on with that one. I guess I need to set people straight when they give the "persistence" line from now on.