• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IDC (IP/IW/INTEL/SWO-IDC Otion) Board

jander12

pilot
I think my package was sent to the IDC board ("3rd, 4th, and 5th choices") - INTEL, IW, IP

OAR: 67
GPA: 3.63
B.S. Systems Engineering from George Mason

Non-prior (although I did have to get an RE code waiver - left USNA after 53 credit hours - for a good reason, I promise)
24 year old male
6 months work experience post B.S. degree

Haven't heard any results yet.

Connie

Are non-AD results released all at the same time? I was hoping to hear from my recruiter today since people were posting yesterday about their results.

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
Are non-AD results released all at the same time? I was hoping to hear from my recruiter today since people were posting yesterday about their results.
I'm non AD, I got my results. Your recruiter should've called you or you should call him/her.

vladivostok391

Lieutenant, U.S. Navy
Intel PRO-REC = Yes!

My stats:
30 y/o male, non-prior
B.S. International Relations (3.6)
J.D. Law (3.3)
4+ years investigative work experience
OAR: 53
Pro-Rec Y: 10 FEB 2014 IDC Board

Connie

My OR said that there was still no change in my status for the intel/IWO Feb board. Is it normal for them to do a staggered release of results?

theghettodefendant

None
My OR said that there was still no change in my status for the intel/IWO Feb board. Is it normal for them to do a staggered release of results?

I don't know if it's normal exactly, but when the December board came out for SNA and SNFO, I found out about three days after pretty much everyone else. No idea why my OR just got the information later than everyone else.

exNavyOffRec

no, but the system can take a bit to update, they update those that were pro Y first, then over time get to the pro N.

Your OR should have an email with the results in a pdf file.

Connie

If anyone has access to that PDF that would be great. The OR stated none of his recruits had a status change and the PM was not aware of results being posted and didn't think I would hear any news until March....

exNavyOffRec

If anyone has access to that PDF that would be great. The OR stated none of his recruits had a status change and the PM was not aware of results being posted and didn't think I would hear any news until March....

That sounds like an answer for SNA or SNFO, and the PM would know since they are one of the first to see the results, did you put anything down besides IW?

exNavyOffRec

I applied for NFO, IWO, Intel, and SWO.

well, SWO is closed, and IDC rarely pick someone that list them as anything less than 1, they probably indeed gave you the status for NFO as that info jives with what others have been told, and the IDC results are out.

Areum

Navy2014 I do not have a tech or STEM background. I was actually attending UCLA Law and then choose to drop out and pursue a navy commission. Apply and focus on the whole person aspect. Apply to Intel and put your name into the hat. You'll never find out if they might want you if you never do. I did, and I got my ProY. Semper Gumby.

if i may ask, why did you drop out of UCLA law?

Kristoffer Abonal

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae!"
if i may ask, why did you drop out of UCLA law?
Sure. My family is split between lawyers and doctors, but majority have all served. Short answer, I'd rather do something meaningful than something meaningless and make whatever amount of money. Law school was fun tho.

navy2014

Interesting stuff in this thread. It seems like applying for Intel #1 wouldn't be as big of a risk for me as I thought it would, but there's still the question that can't really be answered--how much longer would I be waiting around to leave for intel than for SWO.

exNavyOffRec

Interesting stuff in this thread. It seems like applying for Intel #1 wouldn't be as big of a risk for me as I thought it would, but there's still the question that can't really be answered--how much longer would I be waiting around to leave for intel than for SWO.

That is a very hard question to answer, but in general I have seen people wait longer for Intel than SWO