• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ID card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fongabonga

pilot
Hey all,
After commissioning, prior to TBS, if we wish to pick up an ID card, do we get the older style Green cards or the new Smart Cards? I went today and got the green one since I wasn't truely Active duty yet, does the green card have any significant restrictions on it? I'm guessing I'll just get a new card when I get to TBS... whenever that's going to be.
-2nd Lt Fong

Jester

pilot
Once you get to TBS you'll get the new CAC ID card. The green card is just used for dependents now I thought. The older green one doesn't have any significant restrictions on it. It will get you on a military base. The newer ID cards do all kinds of magical stuff I guess. I don't know what all it can do, I just know it gets me on base now.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All I've seen the new ones do is NOT allow me in secured spaces that I am cleared to enter ('phenomenal' encoding strip) and keep me from getting on Army posts in a timely matter when PFC MP at the gate decides to try to scan the 'UPC' code that rubbed off a week after I got it.

And my picture sucks on it too.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i've always wondered what all the newfangled "junke" (accent on the e) did on my ID card. And my picture looks horrible as well.

ladybug

Jolly Roger's fiance
Military id cards allow you on base, into the PX (army term for commisary have no idea what the navy calls it) and helps you get around on base or in my case my Dad's office ( he's retired but still works for the army). I think you will get yours after he is through with OCS but not to sure. Your military id should be on your person at all time just like your drivers license b/c you have no idea when you might need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.