• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ID Card

Bighead

I just got commissioned on friday and I need to get an id card. Can anyone tell me what they had to take to the id card center? How long did most wait before they went to get it?

rare21

pilot
Contributor
i dont remember the exact DD form you need (your command should know) but you'll get the ID card right then and there.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Usually all you need is your old ID card if you have one. Maybe proof of service. Most of the stuff you have to fill out, you'll fill out at PSD.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Get a DD-1172 form endorsed by your command, bring that and your old ID card to the center.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Back to the original post: the ID place in Quantico WILL NOT give you an ID until you check into TBS and then they turn away some so that you get it with your company...

Anywhere other than Quantico, take in your commissioning paperwork...

Bighead

So if I go over to Camp Lejeune with my commissoning paperwork I shouldnt have a problem getting an ID card?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Bighead said:
So if I go over to Camp Lejeune with my commissoning paperwork I shouldnt have a problem getting an ID card?

Haven't heard of any problems when going to other bases...only problem I could see would be they might give you a reserve ID since you aren't on active duty yet...

AV8BQAR

Mech
When dealing with Rapids, more is better. Bring your service contract and your drivers license and your SS card. That should be good. If you have dependents take their SS cards too.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
jamnww said:
they might give you a reserve ID since you aren't on active duty yet...

Is there such a thing anymore? The ID's I've seen don't make any distinction between active or reserve.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I got mine at an Air Force base. If your OSO is near by, he or the office Gunny might just take you over to the base and help you through it. But I know you can get one at another services base. I brought all the paperwork I had, but only needed a few pages ... wish I could help and remember what they needed. Good luck, and yes, getting it done here can be a pain in the a$$. Some guys were coming in the back gate showing their orders almost 2 months into TBS. The gate guards never miss a chance to try to work over us Lts...

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
DocT said:
Is there such a thing anymore? The ID's I've seen don't make any distinction between active or reserve.
There are no more Reserve IDs - part of a "One Navy" policy decision. If you currently have a Reserve ID, your next one will be a "US Navy" ID. You can wait until it expires, or you can go by your PSD and explain how you've been discriminated against as a Reservist (it happens....) and they'll cough up a new one.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Like was mentioned, take your commissioning paperwork to the nearest base (any branch, anywhere). There are no restrictions on where a reserve or AD member (and their dependents) can get their ID card issued. If you wait until you get to Quantico, it looks like they'll give you the runaround as jamnww said.

Local guard or reserve centers MIGHT be able to help you.

RLSki

CH-53 Crewchief
I don't know if it is a concern of yours but you may want to choose a Marine Corps installation to get your ID card made so you can set up your CAC for the NMCI network. Just a thought...

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
I had a problem getting an ID card before getting here to TBS. I went to three different places to try to get it. For some reason the Marine Corps took me out of the system after OCS and the rule (from the people working the ID cards) is that they can't start a new ID if you're out of the system, only update your status. Even with all of your paperwork. Most of my buddies were able to get one with no problems, though. So just a heads up if you plan to travel 2 hours away (like I did) and find out that you just wasted a day. Don't know how you would check to see if you're in DEERS or not though.