• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ID Card

shimbo

I just got my ID card yesterday. I went to a local reserve unit. I just showed up with my TBS Orders and a drivers license. They had me fill out some simple paperwork and I was done within 15 minutes. Your best bet is to simply call the reserve center and ask them what you need. The reserve center I went to had specific hours for ID cards so be sure to check that out as well.

HOORAH

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children
DocT said:
Is there such a thing anymore? The ID's I've seen don't make any distinction between active or reserve.
You might be right. I recall one of my ex's saying that teh were getting rid of that because they were activating them so much that he was always making new ID cards for them.

UORBulldog

Does anybody know a good listing of the locations of Marine reserve units around the West Coast.. I was searching but couldn't find anything

FrijoleEcho

Hey all, I was commissioned on June 7th, and am listed on Marine online as a 2nd Lt. After reading all these posts I went down to Camp Pendleton today to receive an ID card and avoid the hassle for TBS in November. However, as the above post stated I too was in the system as a Sgt. And despite my commissioning paperwork I was told that they don't do ID cards prior to TBS anymore. If anyone else has been told a different story recently please inform me. Thanks again.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
You're getting a pouge admin "he's a 2ndLt" runaround. Go up the chain if you want better results. Or wait for TBS like everybody else.

shimbo

Recent Gouge

FYI, I suggest getting an ID card prior to arriving at TBS. Yes, they have time setup in the schedule for those who need an ID, but from previous experience here at TBS, I say find any means possible in getting an ID. The Quantico Mainside DEERS system was down during in-processing so all the LTs who didn't have an ID had to drive themselves over to FT. Belvoir to obtain it. My OSO also told me to not worry and wait until TBS for my ID, but I simply wanted to get my ID so I went to a reserve center and got one. I am sure glad that I did.

Also, if you are under 26, get on Marinenet and take the driver's improvement course/test and print out the certificate(two copies: 1 for your TBS sticker and 1 for your DOD sticker) when you pass. Alot of LTs didn't have this done during in-processing and had a difficult time getting online because you're constantly switching rooms so there is no time to get the internet set up in your BOQ during the first week. Also, the TBS sticker was issued during in-processing, but the DOD sticker was not. I had to go to Mainside and get it done during the week as they are closed on the weekends. So if you come to Quantico a day or two early, go to Little Hall on Mainside (DEERS office) and get your DOD sticker. (You will need: License, registration, insurance, Driver's Improvement Course certificate, and a copy of orders)