• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I pledge . . . .

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The task force also tackled issues relating to the treatment of gender minorities, updating ship and street names on installations, and countering hate speech.

Seriously?
Looking at CVNs...

Nimitz, on the bubble, not exactly a racist but was born in Texas in the "bad days" so....

Eisenhower, on the bubble, also not exactly a racist but failed to integrate the Army in WWII by using his "look into the future" powers.

Vinson, racist...named to be changed.

Roosevelt, racist...name to be changed.

Lincoln, racist...name to be changed.

Washington, he wins the trifecta, slave-owner, racist, and traitor...name to be changed.

Stennis, racist...name to be changed.

Truman, racist (through civil segregation)...name to be changed.

Reagan, not exactly a racist, but triggers too many democrats...name to be changed.

Bush, illegally elected, youthful murderer of people of color from the Pacific Rim...name to be changed.

Ford, in that no one seems to even know who he was...we'll keep this one.

Kennedy (future), failed to be "woke" by modern standards and murderer of people of color from the Pacific Rim...name change.

Miller (future), good to go (yet questionable for killing people of color from the Pacific Rim)...we'll keep an eye out on his social media posts.

CVN-82...TBA...I like that name, they should all be called USS TBA!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before we all go off the deep end, this probably has to do with stuff named after Confederates and segregationists. As in CG-62 (named after Lee’s greatest victory), CVN-70, and CVN-74 (both named after staunch segregationist Dixiecrats).

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Before we all go off the deep end, this probably has to do with stuff named after Confederates and segregationists. As in CG-62 (named after Lee’s greatest victory), CVN-70, and CVN-74 (both named after staunch segregationist Dixiecrats).
I’m just funnin’...name them what you wish.

Mos

None
Just saw this on the news. My first thought was YHGTBFSM . . . . but then I thought maybe I'll get some input from those still in uniform. Thoughts ???
I think the article is a bit misleading by saying the task force recommend all sailors take the pledge. I looked through the report and maybe I didn't look hard enough, but didn't see that recommendation. The pledge is in there, but the article omitted the first part of it, which started with "As a key member of Task Force One Navy..." I think it's clear that this was just something the 'task force' was doing. Were such a pledge required for all, I would be concerned.