• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I Phones

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
That Maddox article is awesome. I should look at his page more often when I'm sitting around on my ass at work not flying.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Maddox hate everything and everyone with a bitter hatred I've never seen before. That's why he is so funny. :icon_smil

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This whole iphone/aviation thing is crap. The internet story is most likely based on this .

MrSaturn

Contributor
I'd love to have an IPhone ... most of my learning curve indicates it is not ready for prime time, yet. Battery, user interface, connectivity, all the usual suspects.

Comments???

I have had no problems with the interface. Super easy to use. Visual voice mail is excellent, text messaging is like being at a real keyboard, and a REALLY useful feature is the merge call to make conference calls for your phone. My calls are crystal clear.

The internet lets me quickly find information and directions if I need them.

The phone camera is sucky but the pictures are still surprisingly good in the right light. No video... but i dont seem to miss it. I would have liked a voice recorder too :/

If you are an ubergeek (like me) or the type that needs to run putty as Maddox suggests there are plenty of hacks floating around to add 3rd party software or you can wait til Feb? and Apple will release a 3rd party open source developer program.

Its 400 dollars (Treo 650 is discontinued but the Treo 680 is $380 for comparison) and 8 gb now. If you like AT&T they give you a military discount for the service plan.

I will admit im bias because it saved my orders to Hawaii but if you NEED a blackberry anyway... I would highly recommend.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This whole iphone/aviation thing is crap. The internet story is most likely based on this .

We were going to do a spoof of that commercial based on what happened a couple weeks ago on an XC to San Dog. We found a small crack in out exhaust heat shield, so our QAO busts out his IPhone, snaps a pic, emails it to our MO's IPhone, who then emails it to about 8 other people for a decision on whether we could fly it back home. The spoof was going to make like the IPhone found the crack itself, then as the camera pans out on guy telling the story, it will become apparent that he's swinging in his chute on the way down:

"After I ejected, I used my IPhone to call the other members of my crew to make sure they were A-OK. I then called the local SAR folks and used Google Maps to let them know exactly where I'd be when I landed and I even took a picture of the smoking hole that my jet made and emailed it to the local fire department."

So on and so forth. The possibilities are endless. :D

Brett

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
The iPhone is awesome. I wish I could tell you it sucks, and all the load-o-crap about the battery sucking and the interface being hard to use is true. I really do. But the battery lasts a full weekend for me, including drunk texts and a pretty good amount of talking on it. And listening to music.

And I have pulled 7.3G with it numerous times, and got it really wet. Passed all tests.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
If you love the iPhone you'll love this... The iProduct
354164471a860a24858oen8.jpg