• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I noticed that the 4 flyover a/c for the Bears-Seahawks game yesterday were F-18s

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Here is an old school Thud flyover pic (would have been awesome to be there!):

800px-Hill_F-105_24-ship_formation.jpg

Here is some of the damage at the USAFA after a Thud two ship (circa Olds' time):

F105.jpg

Nice, just read about that one in Gen Old's book.......sounds like, for such a good natured guy, it still managed to boil the old Boss's blood

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
I remember being at a Jacksonville Jaguars game in the late 90s right before Cecil Field closed. We were in the nosebleeds looking slightly DOWN at the guy driving the hornet.

Obviously, the 10+ years since that game combined with me being about 10 at the time might have something to do with recalling the guy that low. However, I'm pretty sure my father remembers it the same way. Best flyby I've ever personally witnessed.

DC3R4D03

Best flyover I ever saw was a Navy A-4 my freshman year at A&M.

The Parents Weekend march-in, with all of us at attention, the dude had to climb to get over the scoreboard, then did an aileron roll over the stadium at better than 5 bills.

Scared the shit out of everybody, but it was AWESOME.

He's probably an admiral now enforcing the 250kt/1000' rule.

Or he got out as a LT and is flying for an airline right now.

Either way, it's a sad statement about Naval Aviation.

Some A4 dude once gave a great impromptu display over the Jersey shore,probably a reserve out of Willow Grove,it was beautiful,inspiring,and I'm sure he did not hear word one about it (circa '82).