• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I know no one can know for sure but...

Huneph

PPC/MC
I recently put in my packet for Navy OCS and the board for Naval Aviators meets the beginning of May. I know that no one can guess the outcome of the board but I just wondered what you all think my chances are. My info is as follows:

ASTB-E

OAR 64
PFAR: 9
AQR: 8
FOFAR: 7

College GPA: 3.79 Degree Bachelors of Science Aviation Maintenance and Management

College extra-curricular: President of a Club.

Outstanding accomplishments: Completed a 4 year degree in 2.5 years with a high GPA. Lots of volunteer hours.

Letters of Recommendations: 1 from a Navy Chief Petty Officer. 1 from an Army Sergeant. 4 others from employers and professors.

Since my packet is in there isn't much else I can do at this point. I just wondered if anyone else has a similar packet as mine who was accepted into the flight program. Thanks for the input!

If you'd like I can post my essay as well.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I recently put in my packet for Navy OCS and the board for Naval Aviators meets the beginning of May. I know that no one can guess the outcome of the board but I just wondered what you all think my chances are. My info is as follows:

ASTB-E

OAR 64

College GPA: 3.79 Degree Bachelors of Science Aviation Maintenance and Management

Outstanding accomplishments: Completed a 4 year degree in 2.5 years with a high GPA. Lots of volunteer hours.

Letters of Recommendations: 1 from a Navy Chief Petty Officer. 1 from an Army Sergeant. 4 others from employers and professors.

Since my packet is in there isn't much else I can do at this point. I just wondered if anyone else has a similar packet as mine who was accepted into the flight program. Thanks for the input!

Have you searched around the forums? There's a thread out there that tells you specifically where you stack up.

For future reference, please search and ask your recruiter first before posting.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
^^What he said.

My numbers were 8/9/9/61 and 3.57, and I was picked up, but: 1) I took the older version of the ASTB, and 2) there's no way to compare how competitive my board was with how competitive yours will be. But your numbers are solid, so I'd feel pretty good about your chances.

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot

ASTB-E

OAR 64

Many members of this forum include their test scores in either their signature or in their profile page. My recommendation would be to browse the final select thread since those people have all been Pro-Rec'd Y and see what kinds of numbers people have been putting out lately. For what it's worth, I was picked up in December with numbers very similar to yours (and a lower GPA), and I'm off to OCS 08 May. Your mileage may vary.

Around here, it is considered pretty gauche to start a new thread when lurking a bit more would have been the prudent course of action. Many of the questions you'd think to ask have already been asked and answered, and most questions already have a place (mega-thread or sticky) to ask just such questions.

Cheers