• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I just finished my pre-PFT for BDCP....

BackOrdered

Contributor
Instead of stressing about it, go do it again and score better than a 55. You can have the latest scores sent to your package.

BTW, I have spoken to the big wigs at CNRC and I have never heard that you just need to pass with an aggregate good low; I have always been told that you need a GL in EACH event to be considered.

I hope this helps.

I got a third opinion from a Senior Chief Officer Recruiter. According to the senior, he says that the good low isn't a set bar, but is put in place so that no one is set up for disaster upon going to OCS. The board just wants to see what you are capable of. So I didn't retest, and I got final selected today. I will say I'm the first person on this site or the usnavyocs.com site to score under good low on an event and get through FINDOCs.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back to the original subject, when you do the negative portion of the sit-up, make sure you aren't engaging your abs at all. Totally relax your abs and "fall" back. You should be able to crank out 20 more at least.

Personally, I focus on doing 4 fast sets of 25. It's worked for the last 12 years.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Back to the original subject, when you do the negative portion of the sit-up, make sure you aren't engaging your abs at all. Totally relax your abs and "fall" back. You should be able to crank out 20 more at least.

Personally, I focus on doing 4 fast sets of 25. It's worked for the last 12 years.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the advice. I also could have moved my feet closer to my upper thighs to shorten the distance.

Again, the whole thing was a freak misunderstanding of what was required. If I can run a 9:50, 3 sit ups aren't going to defeat me.