• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I just finished my pre-PFT for BDCP....

BackOrdered

Contributor
And right now I'm grossly disappointed at myself:

1.5 run: 9:50
PU: 60
SU: 55!!!

All the work I've put into my run time and I nerfed the sit ups. I could have swore the minimum for age 21 for sit ups was 50. I must have got fed some bad gouge some time back. But my recruiter said that my other scores were so good that missing the Sit ups by 3 won't matter. Is there any truth to that?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
your recruiter should have a score sheet on hand to let you know your total standings; whether you scored an excellent low, good medium, etc.

BackOrdered

Contributor
your recruiter should have a score sheet on hand to let you know your total standings; whether you scored an excellent low, good medium, etc.

Well in his defense, he didn't give me the test. An academy grad gave me the test and he showed up some time later. No score sheet.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
My understanding is you need a Good Low in all catagories (minimum).

As for SUs, be glad that is what you did worst in. Of the three by far the easiest to improve. You can do SUs every day and the gains will be extremely fast, just stick with it.

navy09

None
That link for the calculator that greysword posted is the best one out there. You got a Good Medium; I'm pretty sure the only way to fail is to receive a failing score in one or more events (below GL is bad, but still passing). GM is a good start, just work on that upper body/core strength.

I'm pretty sure that you need at least a Good Low in all three categories in order to pass. I could be wrong of course, although those were the standards that my LT used to grade me on my last PRT.

Wankertank

Free Hat!
You must get Good Low in all 3 categories..Run, pushups, and situps. Not a good low score on your PRT. This is taken straight off the officer Navy recruiting manual.

All OCS applicants must pass the Navy PRT with a score of “Good Low” in all categories (Good-Low in sit-ups, pushups and run) for selection and prior to reporting to OCS.

However, at the In-PRT at OCS you need to only get a satisfactory medium..this taken from OCS website.

So, tiz84 you are gonna need to work extra hard and get 3 more situps to pass, good luck!

BackOrdered

Contributor
You must get Good Low in all 3 categories..Run, pushups, and situps. Not a good low score on your PRT. This is taken straight off the officer Navy recruiting manual.

All OCS applicants must pass the Navy PRT with a score of “Good Low” in all categories (Good-Low in sit-ups, pushups and run) for selection and prior to reporting to OCS.

However, at the In-PRT at OCS you need to only get a satisfactory medium..this taken from OCS website.

So, tiz84 you are gonna need to work extra hard and get 3 more situps to pass, good luck!

Well I just spoke with my recruiter and he says the overall score was all that mattered. If not, then I'll have a hell of alot of crow to eat. Either way, it's back to the waiting game......

maxlife

Once again this shows how screwed up things can get on the recruiting end. This question has been asked many times here with various answers, each starting with "my recruiter says." Great if it worked out that way for you, it would sure suck if it was a good low on all three and that somehow held up your final select. I just wish these recruiters would all get on the same sheet of music. My dealings with them have been the most frustrating of my life.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Once again this shows how screwed up things can get on the recruiting end. This question has been asked many times here with various answers, each starting with "my recruiter says." Great if it worked out that way for you, it would sure suck if it was a good low on all three and that somehow held up your final select. I just wish these recruiters would all get on the same sheet of music. My dealings with them have been the most frustrating of my life.

I know what you mean. To be honest, I've been waiting so long (7 months and counting) it may not even matter to me personally because I'm fully aware of my own capablities, select or non-select. What's another 4 months right? (insert sarcasm tag here)

What I didn't mention (and I'm not arguing, debating, or asking for empathy, hell I could be dead wrong altogether, merely repeating what I know) was that he told me some time back to shoot for a 50 on sit ups for a minimum, thus my motive behind scoring a round number like a 55 thinking I was topping the sit ups off and getting a good score. When I got word I maybe in trouble I didn't bring it up because it was months ago and it became a he said she said thing (hence the earlier disclaiming statement). Today, he just gave me reassurance that I passed it and shouldn't sweat it. Who knows? Maybe he is right and I've made an ocean out of a dip, then again, what's another 4 months?

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Instead of stressing about it, go do it again and score better than a 55. You can have the latest scores sent to your package.

BTW, I have spoken to the big wigs at CNRC and I have never heard that you just need to pass with an aggregate good low; I have always been told that you need a GL in EACH event to be considered.

I hope this helps.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Just to clarify, you're talking about push ups when you say PU right? If not, that's a hell of a lot of pull ups.