• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

i just feel lost im not sure where to begin

Gilley

I had filled out a form for my recruiter and it asked about criminal history.... I have never been in trouble with the law except i thought of a speeding ticket when i was 16 (im 25 now) and when i was 20 i got an underage possesion of alchohol while on college spring break. I wasn't even drinking and i was just holding onto one handle of a cooler with one beer in it my buddy was 22 and holding the other handle but they charged me. They didn't even give me paper work just said to come to the courthouse in panama city florida at some random date in the middle of the week when i had school. So i got back to tennessee and contacted a lawyer and he said just don't even worry about it that they process so many of those during spring break to just not goto court and don't pay the fine and it will go off my record. What should i do?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I would call the city court that issued the ticket. See if there is a record of a fine, and pay it if there is. If there isn't, then I would say there is no issue. If there is a record be upfront about it, an underage possession is not a big deal.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
So i got back to tennessee and contacted a lawyer and he said just don't even worry about it that they process so many of those during spring break to just not goto court and don't pay the fine and it will go off my record. What should i do?

That sounds like awful advice.

Gilley

well i live in tennessee this was in florida he just was thinking i wouldn't go back to florida and since i have never been in trouble with the law and it was just a fine and so many were issued that it was no big deal. Just don't go back to florida for a few years

McBuff

Sees the light
+1, I hope you didn't pay the attorney for that advice. You need to call that city/county's DA's office and find out whats going on because its possible that they issued a warrant for your arrest. If there is a warrant or outstanding fine, you want to pay that ASAP. As far as your application goes, if there is a record of this, man up and admit to your mistake. I think the last thing this board wants to hear is "oh well I got in trouble once, but I really wasn't doing anything wrong". This just seems to be the consensus around here. Good luck and get on this soon!

Gilley

im going to call both panama city courts and my recruiter asap in the morning. I wasn't trying to keep it i just forgot all about it. The whole ordeal lasted maybe 5 minutes and there were thousands of people being stopped. They only took my name and address and i never recieved anything from them. They said to pay them now and i said i would goto court and they gave me a date and that was it. I guess i just assumed it wasn't on my record since i never recieved anything in the mail. I will contact them first thing tomorrow. Would this keep me from getting in?

McBuff

Sees the light
First of all, I'd guess that you're fine. If they didn't give you any kind of citation (in person or in the mail) then it probably never happened so don't worry too much about it. Just call them to confirm. If theres is something there, tell your recruiter and go from there. If they have no clue what you're talking about, then I wouldnt even bother your recruiter, he/she is busy. The good thing is that people have been accepted with much worse things in their past.

Gilley

What are some things to focus on when applying?

Ok i know you want to have good recomendations I know our state senators daughter so Im getting our senator to write me a recomendation.
Also my grandfather was in vietnam and a naval officer for 35 years so im getting him to write me one as well. I have been studying for the ASTB like crazy and i think i will do great on it. Also i have been running two miles every morning and doing a combination of lifting wieghts and push up and sit ups for an hour each morning. I have a lack luster recruiter who realy hasn't shown interest. He doesn't like to speak on the phone we have to do everything by email and his office is 1 1/2 hours away so i can't just drive up there all the time to meet with him. He emails me once a day and if i have a question it takes a week for a response so i just feel lost im not sure where to begin. He is getting me a waivor for a screw in my collar bone and i have no clue how long that takes or where i stand on that. I also have no idea what steps i need to take, so i have been studying for three weeks and just waiting for this waivor. Any suggestions?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Ok i know you want to have good recomendations I know our state senators daughter so Im getting our senator to write me a recomendation.

+1 for mentioning "senator's daughter" AND having that AVATAR. I don't even care at this point if it's you. It's been a long deployment already.

Also my grandfather was in vietnam and a naval officer for 35 years so im getting him to write me one as well. I have been studying for the ASTB like crazy and i think i will do great on it.

Good person to look up to. Talk to him about the experience, don't just get the recommendation because of the distinguished career he obviously had. Get every aspect, good, bad, ugly. Again, that Avatar is NOT ugly.

Also i have been running two miles every morning and doing a combination of lifting wieghts and push up and sit ups for an hour each morning.

Keep it up. Take one of Santa's Helpers with you. Run slower than her.

I have a lack luster recruiter who realy hasn't shown interest. He doesn't like to speak on the phone we have to do everything by email and his office is 1 1/2 hours away so i can't just drive up there all the time to meet with him. He emails me once a day and if i have a question it takes a week for a response so i just feel lost im not sure where to begin.

Well good on you for getting on here. You'll get all the info and more. Start with a Search. Then send one of those girls down here. She needs a passport and I need a name and SSN.

No, seriously...is there any other recruiter within 1.5hrs the other way (N, S, E, W) perhaps? Probably knows that you're signing and not interested in selling you any more. Make sure he knows that he's working for you and that you need to figure out what you want to do with your career. Do this tactfully and I think you may get more out of him/her. Others on this board I'm sure can talk about bad recruiters...

He is getting me a waivor for a screw in my collar bone and i have no clue how long that takes or where i stand on that.

I'll tell you what I'd screw...sorry...Do a search on this one. It's that little drop down menu up there...plenty of experience. Find one of the bubbas who has had a similar problem, or didn't give a smart a$$ remark and PM them...most of us are here to help.

I also have no idea what steps i need to take, so i have been studying for three weeks and just waiting for this waivor. Any suggestions?

Start thinking about which program you want to go into. Start with search of these terms: ROTC, BDCP, OCS, Naval Academy, Marine PLC. Focus young one, keep your eye on the prize, don't take no for an answer until you've expended each and every option and have fun a long the way. Pay attention to deadlines.

I started in my HS Counselor's office...ask him/her for info on the Academy or ROTC programs.

Good luck, god speed, keep your turns up and for God's sake HOOK A BROTHER UP!

Gilley

uh yeah thats me, and those are two women from the Radio City Rockettes. I used to be a radio DJ. I interviewed them.
Thanks i have quized my grandpa a bunch he has told me alot. I want to fly i don't care how or where i just want to be a pilot. My GPA is a little low but i did get a degree in marketing from an accredited college and i would like to be an officer, but it just seems like im haveing a dream where im being chased by some crazy guy with a knife and im running in slow motion and its pissing me off.....yeah i feel like everything is slow motion. Although i realize im ready to sign right this minute and go in, but this recruiter has got me down. not showing interest and i don't want to bother him cause then he will go slower and do even less. No other recruiters are near by he is it for me. LONG LONG LONG process. Im fresh out of college im ready to go lets go come on lets go

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
uh yeah thats me, and those are two women from the Radio City Rockettes. I used to be a radio DJ. I interviewed them.
Thanks i have quized my grandpa a bunch he has told me alot. I want to fly i don't care how or where i just want to be a pilot. My GPA is a little low but i did get a degree in marketing from an accredited college and i would like to be an officer, but it just seems like im haveing a dream where im being chased by some crazy guy with a knife and im running in slow motion and its pissing me off.....yeah i feel like everything is slow motion. Although i realize im ready to sign right this minute and go in, but this recruiter has got me down. not showing interest and i don't want to bother him cause then he will go slower and do even less. No other recruiters are near by he is it for me. LONG LONG LONG process. Im fresh out of college im ready to go lets go come on lets go

Jesus, are you on speed right now?

Take a deep breath bro...type OCS in the search box. That's what you want to do. Keep on the recruiter.

Don't know about the crazy-guy-knife thing :confused:, but drugs are not encouraged...and neither are beards...read about some OCS options to ya. Don't worry about GPA.

One other thing you are probably going to catch flack for: Great, you want to fly...but remember service is just that. In my 8 years, I have 2500 hrs in the air. That's only 104 days. The other 2816 has involved me being a Naval Officer and NOT flying. Do the math and realize that there's more to this officer thing than flying.

Again, try the search. Have fun reading a little, and you'll see what to do.

Gilley

ha ha waite speed is bad? I thought it was all about going fast.:( ha No im just saying its going slow. I don't have a beard now either. I don't care about not being able to fly all of the time just as long as i get to. I would like to a lot but i know i won't be able to.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a lack luster recruiter who realy hasn't shown interest. He doesn't like to speak on the phone we have to do everything by email and his office is 1 1/2 hours away so i can't just drive up there all the time to meet with him. He emails me once a day and if i have a question it takes a week for a response so i just feel lost im not sure where to begin. He is getting me a waivor for a screw in my collar bone and i have no clue how long that takes or where i stand on that. I also have no idea what steps i need to take, so i have been studying for three weeks and just waiting for this waivor. Any suggestions?

You can't expect to be the recruiter's number one priority especially when you have a waiver working through the system. What you perceive as lackluster behavior on his part may be something else entirely. First off, if he is emailing you every day, he's staying in touch.

If you start bombarding the recruiter with questions, you risk becoming a high maintenance prospect in a seller's market. Recruiters have more to do than hold your hand so asking you to submit questions via email is simple time management on his part.

As far as you feeling lost, you need to show some initiative and read the threads here. I highly doubt you have a single question that hasn't been addressed.

Where you stand is you have a waiver request in the pipe so chill and relax or study for the ASTB while reading threads here.