• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

I got a call from the AMDO Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMan

Goliath112,

So you want to be an AMDO, huh? I'm a Marine Powerline mech/PC, same as AD in the Navy, which is where I went to school in Pensacola.

A funny story that I heard from other mechs. Remember, it never happened, okay?
icon_smile_wink.gif
(wink, wink) Here how it goes:

A new powerline mech just graduated from school checked into his first squadron in Iwakuni, Japan. As part of his "indoctrination", someone from the shop told him to go to Maintenance Control and tell them this:"Tell them the AMO is all f***ed up and we need a new one". The guy, not knowing what AMO was, of course, (probably thought it's part of the AMAD), went to Control and tell them that. Control was like,"Say what?" The guy repeated the same thing and Control went,"Uh...son, that's QA's gripe, you've got to go to QA."

So the guy went to QA and said,"Uh, sir. The AMO is all f***ed up and we need a new one." The AMO, who was sitting at QA at that time, exploded,"WHAT THE F.................

Thought that was a funny story involving an AMO. BTW, I personally was told to "feather" the VENs on launch not long ago. Good luck on your commission.

DMan

Goliath112

LOL, I was told to go look for a Boatswain's punch. you can imagine what I got. ah shit we ran out of flight line tape? hey airman go to crash and borrow a spool of threaded flight line!!!!

man the wait is killing me

JayManC

Goliath,
what you mean you never got sent searching for batteries for the sound-powered phones, or had to stand mail-buoy watch?
For all the aviation rates out there getting sent to the maintenance hanger for keys to the airplanes, or had to talk through the piss tube.
I've heard em all

<insert something witty here:>

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
Did anybody find the keys to the hangar bay doors?

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Goliath112

alot of times people know they are being screwed with. But, when a Chief says GO LOOK FOR one you can't really say anything.

BONE77

Hey Goliath, when I was a firefighter in the Air Force, my first day at the firehouse they had me push starting a chain-saw, I was 18 years old and they got a good laugh. They use that roll of flightline in the AF also. Good Luck on AMDO, Go ERAU EXTENDED CAMPUS!
BONE

Goliath112

push starting a chainsaw? lol. GO ERAU EXTENDED CAMPUS. our mascot is the burnt out Enlisted Guy. and we have a kick ass fantasy football league.

Status
Not open for further replies.