• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Husband-to-be with a few wedding questions

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Congrats on your engagement!

I agree no white tux... but (and this is my favorite line) it's your wedding. If your fiance wants him in a white tux.... well then - put the man in a white tux. I personally put our best man and maid of honor in something just a little different from the rest of the bridal party so he WOULD stand out. Unless you have a brother to be best man, I think you really really should stick with your awesome friend. Like Kathy said, a grey suit would be great, or just putting him in a tux. And, you could put the maid of honor in a different colored dress as well, to make her stand out too.

Best of luck!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why is everyone down on a white tux? Has it gone completely out of style? Now I got married 21 years ago but my best man and a friend looked great in white tuxes along side my 3 squadronmates and myself in chokers. I just looked at the photos again (damn I have a beautiful bride) and it all looks great. I do think a black tux would stick out like a sore thumb, especially when the bride and groom are in white. Sorry, but the wedding is about the happy couple and when I look at a photo I don't want my eyes drawn to the only guy in black. My father in law is a retired Army Col. He wore his formal uniform and it look very nice, especially when walking her down the aisle. My wife (not in the military) had a friend who was a Naval Officer so we had her in the sword ceremony. That was pleasantly unusal 20+ years ago.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cate said:
Who has the grid for how long it'll be before someone advises this guy not to get married, because women are "career killers" who slaughter dreams? My money is on four hours.
Looks like you already took care of it. Congratulations!

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Looks like a Ken (K-K-Ken) doll in choker whites! ;)

Brett

How many times do I have to tell people? He's not a doll, Ken is an ACTION FIGURE!!

BTW where can I get on of those, preferably with king-fu grip.

kelly

D_macs Wife
oops

Congrats on the up coming wedding. How about you let the best man make the choice as to which color he would like. He will be the one that either wants to sticks out or wants to blend in a little. I think either white, or black. With the white yes he will blend in, but will people look that much harder due to not having all the ribbions and things? So I would give him an option to select. As far as the fathers, leave it up to them, if they want to let them, but try to keep them both in uniform or both in tuxes. If not get them something similar to the best mans. I am sure what ever you all chose it will be great!

I so wish we would have had the whole military wedding. Maybe when we renew our wedding vowels.

Kelly

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
We put the lone non-military groosman in a black tux, everyone else in chokers. I didn't think a white tux would look all that good until I saw it done at a wedding about 6 months later, and thought it looked great. Also, we got married at Christmas, so a white tux is a bit more out of season than for a May/June wedding. My husband's dad was in uniform, but wore Mess Dress as a way to not look like the rest of the groomsmen. So really, its up to you- it can look great either way.

One comment, probably doesn't apply since the guy is the best man, but for pictures, if the background is dark, don't have the one guy in black on the end of the picture- he kind of fades away...

Good Luck!!