• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hurricane IKE

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
And I finally just unpacked everything and got my room all normal again from when we packed for Dolly. Oh well, maybe we will get a vacation out of this one....

You packed up for Dolly? Wow, you must have been an Eagle scout.

My GF was actually still here when Dolly came through. We kinda wished for an Evac so we could go to San Antonio again. Though the River Walk probably would have been even more mobbed.

My hope is I can solo before good ole Ike get here.

nugget81

pilot
I wish this thing would head west pummel kingsville. I dont wish any harm on people or property but it would be cool to see.

While I agree with your post fundamentally, I would hate to get slowed down anymore than we've been already. Plus, having working parties or moving to Merdian is not my idea of a fun time. ;)

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Surprising I know. But I'd like to make the October boat if I could.

Ike go somewhere else. New Orleans or Mexico. Pick one soon.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lastest models are looking more like Ike might be messing with Texas. A lot's going to depend on what Ike does once it clears Cuba...check back this time tomorrow.

at200809_model.gif

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
While I agree with your post fundamentally, I would hate to get slowed down anymore than we've been already. Plus, having working parties or moving to Merdian is not my idea of a fun time. ;)

Well I am going on week 5 of a current wait time, I actually wouldn't mind something to do along those lines. I came to the realization that a 52-54 week pipeline for us was a pipe dream along long long time ago. Funny thing is, guys that selected around me from primary and went to meridian are already nearing FCLP's :eek:

/end threadjack

johnny utah

still bigger than hip-hop
pilot
Now it looks like Ike is on his way to do what Gustav should've done... mess with Texas! :D

sorry uncle fester, guess i need to be original

Attachments

• 211731W_sm.gif
    211731W_sm.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 49

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you finish the pool quickly enough, it could save you some work. :p

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
New model is up........
at200809_5day.gif

And the individual models......FWIW NGFDL has been tracking this one pretty accurately
at200809_model.gif

Bevo16

pilot
New model is up........
at200809_5day.gif

And the individual models......FWIW NGFDL has been tracking this one pretty accurately
at200809_model.gif

It seems like every time they update the model, it trends further south. At noon today, it looked like it was going just east of Houston. Now, it's looking like just east of Corpus. That's not really cool, because my hometown is right between the two. Luckily, my folks are about 40 miles inland and on plenty high ground.

If it trends south a little more, it can go southwest of Corpus and hit a hole lot of nuthin.

Nafod

Change I can belive in
If it trends south a little more, it can go southwest of Corpus and hit a hole lot of nuthin.

I hope it hits that "hole lot of nuthin" so bad that the Navy will decide that it would cost more to rebuild at K-Rock than to just relocate.

XD

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
Why is everyone so worried about the baby from South Park? ;)

(I'm guessing condition 4 will be set today, if it hasn't already.)

I also like how it is projected to hit my house directly ... as a Cat III

092814W_sm.gif

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It seems to have zeroed in on the breezeways at encantada. If my house gets destroyed by a hurricane, do i still get my deposit back? will the landlords sift thru the debris and go "that scratch wasn't on that drywall when it was still on the third floor"