• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hurricane IKE

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
any word from anyone in the know about when NAS CC departs the pattern for drier ground? Once again, I find myself away during a Hurricane, scrambling to get back in time to hide my shit upstairs, lock the house, and get the hell out of dodge.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Not in the "know", but every freaking hotel in Austin and San Antonio is booked to full, so I'm guessing someone is going out of town this weekend :icon_wink

MasterBates

PUMA is getting packed. Got reservations at an RV park 3.5 south of the Riverwalk.

Those headed northbound who want my cell, PM me.

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
NAS CC is at COR IV last I checked. Also, all TW4 students in the pool have a muster at 1300 on Wednesday to discuss Hurricane IKE. Guess we'll see what happens....

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
any word from anyone in the know about when NAS CC departs the pattern for drier ground? Once again, I find myself away during a Hurricane, scrambling to get back in time to hide my shit upstairs, lock the house, and get the hell out of dodge.

Several primary (27 and 28) birds are doing an early CCX for the Hurrevac tomorrow.

Gouge from those standing watch at the wing is that evac by Thursday is a 90% certainty. By the looks of the latest models, it might be a good idea... :eek:

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
FTR, I remember them saying that an island address on your ID is NOT enough. You need a copy of a utility bill too.

From the hurricane prep packet they gave us when we checked in with the wing.

"Return to Corpus Christi: Must show proof of residency which can include: current paid utility bill, copy of home insurance, or copy of paid property taxes. Driver's license and military identification will not work

Return to Padre Island: Resident are required to have a driver's license with an island address or picture identification and an Emergency Readmission Pass from the Property Owners Association at 14015 Fortuna Bay Drive or for more information call (361)-949-7025."

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I'll be in the Super 8 north of San Antonio...right off the airport...sounds like we should organize a little AW rendevoux on the riverwalk...I'm suggesting this place:

Attachments

• flight room shenanigans 162.jpg
    flight room shenanigans 162.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 70

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
On another side note...anyone else living on base notice that the STMH employees turn into helpless Nazi's when you need shit done? They are the first to knock on yer door and "remind" you to pick yer shit up out of yer yard or "we may take it to the office and not return it" but when you ask about sandbags/boarding windows, etc. they suddenly don't know anything. This privatized housing deal is getting out of hand (sorry for the threadjack) but on a positive note: per diem in S.A. is 112/day for a hotel and 51/day for food...plus 3/day for incidentals! Look out Applebees, here we come!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
On another side note...anyone else living on base notice that the STMH employees turn into helpless Nazi's when you need shit done? They are the first to knock on yer door and "remind" you to pick yer shit up out of yer yard or "we may take it to the office and not return it" but when you ask about sandbags/boarding windows, etc. they suddenly don't know anything. This privatized housing deal is getting out of hand (sorry for the threadjack) but on a positive note: per diem in S.A. is 112/day for a hotel and 51/day for food...plus 3/day for incidentals! Look out Applebees, here we come!

Apparently you've never been on a Las Cruces det. :yuck_125:

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I'm waiting a little bit longer to see what the storm will do but I'm trying to decide between SA and Austin. I wouldn't be opposed to an AW throwdown at the Riverwalk. Any reccomendations?